Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Locked
User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:21 am

Dean has a fan! |:>

66 pages!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
Donaithnen
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:54 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Donaithnen » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Oh hey, speaking of drama, does anyone know what was up with all the police/security swarming through the AMV room during the AX 2004 Reshow, shining lights under/behind everything? If not for the fact that we presumably would have been evacuated first i would have guessed a bomb threat or some such.

Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!

User avatar
XStylus
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:11 pm
Status: Enjoying the salty air.
Location: A quaint little village.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Donaithnen wrote:Oh hey, speaking of drama, does anyone know what was up with all the police/security swarming through the AMV room during the AX 2004 Reshow, shining lights under/behind everything? If not for the fact that we presumably would have been evacuated first i would have guessed a bomb threat or some such.
I would love to know too, but nobody I talked to seemed to know anything. My best guess would be either they received a threat, or they were being a little extra pro-active.
Sakura Con 2013-2019 - AMV something something of something.
Anime Expo 2012-2018 - Emeritus AMV Coordinator

“Understanding is a three-edged sword.” -J. Michael Straczynski

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Maybe it was a disgruntled non finalist plotting revenge? :uhoh:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: You just got Holtzmanned baby~
Location: One floor above Chinese take out
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Donaithnen wrote:Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!
*taps foot at Troy and Vlad*

User avatar
XStylus
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:11 pm
Status: Enjoying the salty air.
Location: A quaint little village.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Donaithnen wrote:Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!
*taps foot at Troy and Vlad*
So long as I can dig up the vids, I'll keep doing 10-year revues of past AMV competitions.

I would've liked to have gone even further back but 2004 any years prior to 2004 were missing way more vids.
Sakura Con 2013-2019 - AMV something something of something.
Anime Expo 2012-2018 - Emeritus AMV Coordinator

“Understanding is a three-edged sword.” -J. Michael Straczynski

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:16 pm

XStylus wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:
Donaithnen wrote:Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!
*taps foot at Troy and Vlad*
So long as I can dig up the vids, I'll keep doing 10-year revues of past AMV competitions.

I would've liked to have gone even further back but 2004 any years prior to 2004 were missing way more vids.
I still want that Linkin Park/Akira video from AX2002. The creator never uploaded it. :(
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
XStylus
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:11 pm
Status: Enjoying the salty air.
Location: A quaint little village.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
XStylus wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:
Donaithnen wrote:Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!
*taps foot at Troy and Vlad*
So long as I can dig up the vids, I'll keep doing 10-year revues of past AMV competitions.

I would've liked to have gone even further back but 2004 any years prior to 2004 were missing way more vids.
I still want that Linkin Park/Akira video from AX2002. The creator never uploaded it. :(
Eh? I remember a Linkin Park / Eva vid, but not one with Akira.
Sakura Con 2013-2019 - AMV something something of something.
Anime Expo 2012-2018 - Emeritus AMV Coordinator

“Understanding is a three-edged sword.” -J. Michael Straczynski

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 pm

XStylus wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
XStylus wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:
Donaithnen wrote:Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!
*taps foot at Troy and Vlad*
So long as I can dig up the vids, I'll keep doing 10-year revues of past AMV competitions.

I would've liked to have gone even further back but 2004 any years prior to 2004 were missing way more vids.
I still want that Linkin Park/Akira video from AX2002. The creator never uploaded it. :(
Eh? I remember a Linkin Park / Eva vid, but not one with Akira.
Here it is:

"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: You just got Holtzmanned baby~
Location: One floor above Chinese take out
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm still annoyed. For those of you who did make the 2004 show there was an error that irked me. One of the action finalists was replaced with the wrong video. The last video (to End of All Hope by Nightwish) was supposed to be this one:



but somehow it got mixed up with one to X. Possibly because it's listed incorrectly on the org archives *gasp*. Reason it irked me so bad was because that video was my Nightwish cherry pop. Hell hath no fury more than a woman scorned :evil:

User avatar
ShodanKid
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:38 am
Location: Phoenix
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by ShodanKid » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Rider4Z wrote:I'm still annoyed. For those of you who did make the 2004 show there was an error that irked me. One of the action finalists was replaced with the wrong video. The last video (to End of All Hope by Nightwish) was supposed to be this one:



but somehow it got mixed up with one to X. Possibly because it's listed incorrectly on the org archives *gasp*. Reason it irked me so bad was because that video was my Nightwish cherry pop. Hell hath no fury more than a woman scorned :evil:
No fury grander than the scorn over something that popped the cherry either.

User avatar
TnAdct1
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:23 am
Location: Clinton, MD
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by TnAdct1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Rider4Z wrote:I'm still annoyed. For those of you who did make the 2004 show there was an error that irked me. One of the action finalists was replaced with the wrong video. The last video (to End of All Hope by Nightwish) was supposed to be this one:



but somehow it got mixed up with one to X. Possibly because it's listed incorrectly on the org archives *gasp*. Reason it irked me so bad was because that video was my Nightwish cherry pop. Hell hath no fury more than a woman scorned :evil:
The X "End of All Hope" AMV is the correct one. I know because the creator was a regular competitor at Anime Expo and Otakon around that time.

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Ileia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:31 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:I'm still annoyed. For those of you who did make the 2004 show there was an error that irked me. One of the action finalists was replaced with the wrong video. The last video (to End of All Hope by Nightwish) was supposed to be this one:



but somehow it got mixed up with one to X. Possibly because it's listed incorrectly on the org archives *gasp*. Reason it irked me so bad was because that video was my Nightwish cherry pop. Hell hath no fury more than a woman scorned :evil:
The X "End of All Hope" AMV is the correct one. I know because the creator was a regular competitor at Anime Expo and Otakon around that time.
Ye olde finalists list with Senta in action http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 84#p539984

User avatar
Rider4Z
The Machine
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:55 am
Status: You just got Holtzmanned baby~
Location: One floor above Chinese take out
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:09 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:The X "End of All Hope" AMV is the correct one. I know because the creator was a regular competitor at Anime Expo and Otakon around that time.
It is not correct. I know because I was there. Maybe the original competition played the incorrect video, but either way they played Lost Hope by alkatraz. Or perhaps alkatraz isn't the actual creator and just uploaded the video here. But either way, I remember. AX2004 was the very first AMV competition I ever attended and there were several videos that are permanently etched into my brain because it was my first exposure to what I call the "wow factor". I even remember a couple from the preshow. They played Eternal Damnation and a I My Me Strawberry Eggs to "Dude Looks Like a Lady", I'm guessing those were from the previous year? Drama was the first category played, first video was Love Is A Battlefield by Vlad. Also in the drama category was a Golden Boy video to Matchbox 20 that made the series look PG, along with a multi-anime to Crawling by Linkin Park that contained InuYasha, Fruits Basket, Kenshin and a few others. ALSO there was a Berserk to Metallica The Unforgiven which I just barely learned that was made by the wired knight. and the Kingdom Hearts vid to My Heart Will Go On won the category.
Then came action. I remember the Rock Lee video won, but I was torn between the Shamanic Princess to Evanescence and the End of Eva to Lost Hope. I literally couldn't choose between them. So what ended up happening was a few girls sitting near me had to actually leave the contest early so they gave me their ballots. So in the end I was able to vote for both. :up:
Comedy had Disney in Dminor which won the category, Hare's Mom, and FOOTBALL that took best in show.
Unfortunately the AmTV category didn't really etch into my brain because it was all really artistic stuff that I had never been exposed to before. But I do remember the winner was to Personal Jesus. Anime? I still don't remember and I just rewatched the show a few weeks ago XD

Anyways. yeah...


EDIT: I just spent an hour and a half trying to find anymore recollections or witniesses of the 2004 contest, but I couldn't find anything to support OR disprove me - except for my own words written in the description of my own Nightwish MEP I released in 2011. 7 years after the fact, yes, however I spent two years on the project so technically only 5. http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=180279
I remember the very first time i heard Nightwish. It was my very first convention and very first amv contest (viewing, not participating). It was AX 2004, and the last video in the action category was Lost Hope by Alkatraz. The song was End of All Hope to the End of Eva....

....and that's where it all started.
rock on nightiwsh \m/;__;\m/

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:54 am

Rider4Z wrote:
but somehow it got mixed up with one to X. Possibly because it's listed incorrectly on the org archives *gasp*. Reason it irked me so bad was because that video was my Nightwish cherry pop. Hell hath no fury more than a woman scorned :evil:
That's ok, next time you can spend the 100s of hours putting all he programming together so it can be 100% right :P (ducks and runs away from the fury to follow)..

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2020 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2020 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 10 (2003) - 26 (2019) AMV Coordinator

Locked

Return to “AMV Contests”