Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:21 am

Dean has a fan! |:>

66 pages!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Donaithnen
Org Profile

Post by Donaithnen » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Oh hey, speaking of drama, does anyone know what was up with all the police/security swarming through the AMV room during the AX 2004 Reshow, shining lights under/behind everything? If not for the fact that we presumably would have been evacuated first i would have guessed a bomb threat or some such.

Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Donaithnen wrote:Oh hey, speaking of drama, does anyone know what was up with all the police/security swarming through the AMV room during the AX 2004 Reshow, shining lights under/behind everything? If not for the fact that we presumably would have been evacuated first i would have guessed a bomb threat or some such.
I would love to know too, but nobody I talked to seemed to know anything. My best guess would be either they received a threat, or they were being a little extra pro-active.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Maybe it was a disgruntled non finalist plotting revenge? :uhoh:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Donaithnen wrote:Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!
*taps foot at Troy and Vlad*

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Donaithnen wrote:Though on that subject, i have to say i highly approve of the last decade reshow idea, and i hope you guys keep it up for future years!
So long as I can dig up the vids, I'll keep doing 10-year revues of past AMV competitions.

I would've liked to have gone even further back but 2004 any years prior to 2004 were missing way more vids.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:16 pm

XStylus wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:
So long as I can dig up the vids, I'll keep doing 10-year revues of past AMV competitions.

I would've liked to have gone even further back but 2004 any years prior to 2004 were missing way more vids.
I still want that Linkin Park/Akira video from AX2002. The creator never uploaded it. :(

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
XStylus wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:

I still want that Linkin Park/Akira video from AX2002. The creator never uploaded it. :(
Eh? I remember a Linkin Park / Eva vid, but not one with Akira.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 pm

XStylus wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
XStylus wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:

Eh? I remember a Linkin Park / Eva vid, but not one with Akira.
Here it is:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm still annoyed. For those of you who did make the 2004 show there was an error that irked me. One of the action finalists was replaced with the wrong video. The last video (to End of All Hope by Nightwish) was supposed to be this one:

but somehow it got mixed up with one to X. Possibly because it's listed incorrectly on the org archives *gasp*. Reason it irked me so bad was because that video was my Nightwish cherry pop. Hell hath no fury more than a woman scorned :evil:

Return to “AMV Contests”