AV CONnection AMV competition results.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

AV CONnection AMV competition results.

Post by Declan_Vee » Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:37 pm

OK, well every AMV competition is supposed to have its problems.
So let's start from the top.

(1) The projector we borrowed from the university was very yellow, the colour was right off, and nothing we did as far as colour correction goes was doing us any good.

(2) The computer that we were using was without WMP7, or any other media playlister (exp winamp). So I set up a bunch of fansubs and told one of my underlings to play them i such an order. While I drove home to burn BSplayer onto a CD... (very small burn)

(3) Once we got BSplayer onto the machine we couldn’t get the playlist working. We would figure out the next day that it was black on black.

(4) The computer we used had been heavily modified... fan settings on the front, what appeared to be a power outlet coming out from the front and a shitload of fans. And that's only what I could see.
The exact cause of the system failure is uncertain. So here are the two most talked about causes.
-1 Punistation's LAINstation video was unearthly and did the impossible. MPEG1 and it refused to cooperate; every other video would play... but not this one (this file had been possessed or something). So we rebooted the computer to try again, that is we tried to reboot the computer to try again... (file NTOSKRNL.EXE is corrupted... blah blah blah)...
So we tried again... (No Hard Disk)...
-2 During the reboot either to get BSplayer working or before the AMV comp the fans were turned off and the computer cooked itself.

(5) During the AMV comp replay that luckily we already had scheduled on the timetable beforehand, I played the entries backwards so those that didn't get shown the first day would be seen first. Things went smoothly, right up until Cloudsdbz's video. The new computer did not have the windows media codec. Hmm should I install it or should I skip the video... tough choice...

But after all of that, the event went smoothly.
Judges were...
Myself
Schizm a real AMV enthusiast who was also the head of security for the convention and has been a member of the org for a bloody long time
MAPPY the guy responsible for running AJAS (Adelaide Japanese Animation Society) and overall great guy.

The finalists...
First Place- Mitchell (Booyah) Chapman for his video Love (Hina) is so cruel
Second Place- Jen (Punistation) Butler for her video LAINstation
Third Place- Mitchell (Booyah) Chapman (again) for his video Cats and Cars

Due to a lack of entries, there was only one prize awarded. Which in itself wasn't all that spiffy. Poke'mon movie OST, X-files movie OST and a sampler DVD that we received from Madman
with 39 trailers and the first episode of Cowboy Bebop (which is still unavailable down here). We were going to send Punistation one for LAINstation doing the impossible but we had unfortunately run out of them.

Now I have to get some sleep. Expect a full review of the convention some time this week.
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 21, 2002 7:04 pm

I thought CloudsDBZ was gonna win! :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

punistation
Org Profile

Post by punistation » Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:49 pm

Here we have the reclusive creature known as the LAIN.
She uses a Windows PC, instead of a MAC.
Windows won't play her MPG.
Then Windows crashes.

Here we have the LAIN pick up a stick.
It is a durable stick.

See the PC stand up to the first blow.
It has a strong case, and LAIN is a widdle girl.

LAIN tries again.
LAIN believes in herself.
Windows will die.

The PC begins to go smash-smash.
Now there's a REASON the MPG won't play.

The LAIN begins to enjoy herself.
The Blue Screen of Death is her bitch.

The stick is a good stick.
The PC is not a MAC.
It has paid for that crime.

LAIN begins to go insane.
LAIN has a shower.
This is called fanservice.

The lesson learned: Serial Experiments LAIN didn't have much fanservice. This is because LAIN used a MAC. In the Playstation game, she used Windows. That is why she did fanservice, and went insane.

I don't use a MAC.

I use a Windows PC.

I have much to look forward to.

Kisses XXOOXX
Jen

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:00 pm

punistation wrote:
LAIN begins to go insane.
LAIN has a shower.
This is called fanservice.

The lesson learned: Serial Experiments LAIN didn't have much fanservice. This is because LAIN used a MAC. In the Playstation game, she used Windows. That is why she did fanservice, and went insane.

I don't use a MAC.

I use a Windows PC.

I have much to look forward to.

Kisses XXOOXX
Jen
Ahhhh! Nekkid Lain!!! *bukkakes pants* :oops:

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:22 pm

now i know why you always ask for nekkid LAIN................WAIT WHAT :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Return to “AMV Contests”