Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest Thread - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules!) DEADLINE: MAY

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote: Well I was originally just planning on sending newer non-trolley stuff, but all this is just too tempting....
QTFO :x
shin, if you piss off kaze i ain't backin you up :uhoh:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote: Well I was originally just planning on sending newer non-trolley stuff, but all this is just too tempting....
Aww, my dear friend. <3

But joking aside, I wish good luck to all the editors.... we shall see....if my secret amv will get in this time. :twisted:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2012 AMV Contest - (EZ Rules) DEADLINE: MAY 5

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Wow, the deadline is in 10 days. :shock:

I'll just say this:

Since I've retired from amvs, I plan on going all out because this will be my last AX AMV Competition.

I already have one AX director's chair I sit on and if I win this one, I plan on using it to put my feet up. :bear: My media drive's already getting pretty full, so I really plan to make good use of that 6TB hard drive as well. :aimkissyface:

If any of you have any hesitations about sending your videos because you want to save them or for whatever reason, just remember I'm giving you all my best, so I expect your best and nothing less than that in return. At least let me go out with a bang at my home con because after this, I won't be an active amv editor anymore and it's up to you guys to lead the next generation.

Remember, AX is the biggest con in the US and the audience is HUGE. The experience is something you need to see to believe.

With all that said, let's have one hell of a contest this year. We're all top class editors now, so let's settle all of this on the big screen! :up:
Spoiler :
no drama this time :amv:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 pm

xstylus wrote:The Best of Show winner shall also receive a two-bay external hard drive enclosure, and it's a nice one too. It will feature USB 3.0, Firewire 800 (1394b), and eSATA connections, plus it can be set for RAID-0 or RAID-1 configurations.

AND...

Inside that enclosure will be 6TB of storage (3TB x 2). Outside of that enclosure, well... let's just say there'll be some graffiti on it from some rather high profile people. [wink]
I had a feeling you liked my idea from the old thread. :awesome: :up:
ImageImage

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 pm

The AX AMV Chef competition has offically been announced!

Details here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 5&t=109137

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:29 am

Gosh darn it AX needs a 'Upbeat' category. I'm totally about to finish an AMV for the contest and have no idea weather to put it in
Spoiler :
Drama :ying:
or Fun [Since for the life of me I can't figure out if fun=Upbeat and parody or just parody]. Since if I remember correctly I can't circle more than one category and my entry form...I'm kinda concerned, lol.

I guess I can make vids that conform to the existing categories but COME ON.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:37 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Gosh darn it AX needs a 'Upbeat' category. I'm totally about to finish an AMV for the contest and have no idea weather to put it in
Spoiler :
or Fun [Since for the life of me I can't figure out if fun=Upbeat and parody or just parody]. Since if I remember correctly I can't circle more than one category and my entry form...I'm kinda concerned, lol.

2013, my friend. 2013.

I know of several videos I've judged in the past that were excellent, but didn't quite fit anywhere. I've long wanted to see that fixed, and will do my best to do so next year.

I won't promise that exact category will be added next year, but there will be adjustments to the category structures for certain. For instance, this will be AMTV-Pro's final year.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:41 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Gosh darn it AX needs a 'Upbeat' category. I'm totally about to finish an AMV for the contest and have no idea weather to put it in
Spoiler :

QFT x a billion. In my opinion every contest should have at least these 4 categories: Action/Drama/Comedy/Upbeat.

Although last year I just treated the Fun category as an upbeat category and it seemed to be ok. It seems more or less like the catch all category in general for AX at least.
Rider4Z wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
O:
*hides*

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am

Added the following option to Rule Two (pertaining to file format and codec requirements):
NOTE: If you are submitting by mail, you may include on your disc additional copies of your submission in ANY video/audio codec and file container you prefer, such as Lagarith, UT, MKV, etcetera. We will use whichever works best and/or easiest. At least one copy of your submission must conform to accepted formats though.

JD_Lord1
Org Profile

Post by JD_Lord1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 am

xstylus wrote:Added the following option to Rule Two (pertaining to file format and codec requirements):
NOTE: If you are submitting by mail, you may include on your disc additional copies of your submission in ANY video/audio codec and file container you prefer, such as Lagarith, UT, MKV, etcetera. We will use whichever works best and/or easiest. At least one copy of your submission must conform to accepted formats though.
Shweet. Thanks for this EZ Rules post, I really think it was necessary. I was having a hard time continuously sifting through the jargon in order to find info that I needed. :up:
the JOSH

Return to “AMV Contests”