An Idea for you AMV Creators,not a contest but should be fun

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Sakuramboo
Org Profile

An Idea for you AMV Creators,not a contest but should be fun

Post by Sakuramboo » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:08 pm

Here is an idea that I would like to float to folks out there. I had been considering making small videos in the style of a PSA (public service announcement). The idea being a way to fill time between showings without going overboard on the AMVs in the video rooms. Then I thought about it and figured out that it would be too great an undertaking for myself alone.

So here is the deal, I was onder how many of you creative AMV type people would be willing to help me out? I don't want to set it up as a contest as I really can't afford to provide anything and giving out awards is just not my style. This would be just for the joy of possibly getting to show 30 seconds of your work in front of a crowd.

Heres the catch, you would have to use the PSA to convay information that is relevant to the con in a preferably humorous way. Such as con rules or basic suggestions that is just good sense. Examples being but not limited too:

Do not drop things from the Balcony.
Any kind of weapon is not allowed in the Dealer's Room.
Don't forget to eat! (or sleep)
No open flames indoors.
Please use Soap.
No cel phone usage in the video rooms.
Do not block hallways or high trafic areas for photographs.
Shoplifters will be prosecuted.
etc....

If we do this depends on the response on the response I get. So what do ya'll think? Any would be takers?

if interested contact me at sakuramboo@bellsouth.net

Mike Richardson
Asst Director of Video Rooms
Anime Weekend Atlanta

Sakuramboo
Org Profile

Post by Sakuramboo » Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:34 pm

I have alot of people that like this idea, I just need some input from some creators..... hello anyone? :P

Giton
Org Profile

Post by Giton » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:14 am

Wrong forum?
Better put this in the "AMV suggestions" forum...

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:31 am

I'm really interested, but I'd like more precisions on the "information" to convey

Return to “AMV Contests”