AWA 2011 Pro Video Discussion Thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2011 Pro Video Discussion Thread

Post by kiarrens » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:29 am

Congratulations to all the winners!!! Every winning video totally deserved their award, what a great contest!

Although... Shin, you need to start leaving some awards for the rest of us to win. Stop being so awesome! :D
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:19 pm

yeah, Shin and Ileia cleaned house :awesome: . But their awards were so well deserved.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:32 pm

kireblue wrote:yeah, Shin and Ileia cleaned house :awesome: . But their awards were so well deserved.
Indeed, I don't see how they put out so much in one year @_@
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:14 am

Just a quick post here, I'm still detoxifying from AWA ;-)

I deliberately did not read this thread until after the convention, though Quu and others had made me aware of it. I've now read each and every message here, and I want to say I completely approve of this. I was delighted to observe (ex post facto) the witty repartee and constructive criticism. The feel here is, to me, very much the feel we have while judging the Exposition. I am pleased with the respect shown to our efforts to keep the contest "as blind as practical".

If you have any suggestions to improve the Professional Awards, please send them to me (videoart@awa-con.com). I've made a note of those mentioned here in this thread, I collected a few at closing ceremonies and immediately after, and I want to give everyone, including those who had to leave early or who were unable to attend at all, a chance to comment. This, of course, also goes for the other music video contests at AWA, as well as the Video Art Track as a whole.

Thank you, all, for supporting this contest.
-Daric "Jingoro" Jackson
Video Art Track Director

P.S. Did you like the title cards in the award show? I had a lot of fun, personally finding that one still frame to put with each video.

zeiram_00
Org Profile

Post by zeiram_00 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Everyone else get the results email? (very happy to get that by the way, nice job VAT staff)

And did the order of videos listed by category indicate final standings as I took it to mean? (Winner- listed, then followed by other two videos in category, just want to make sure those were rankings and not just filling out all finalists)
People are Stupid, Individuals are Intelligent

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah the title cards were a nice touch. I also liked the title screen in the VAT so if you came in during a video you could see what was going on at a glance. I think that was there last year as well but I guess I noticed it more this year.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:00 pm

it should be winner, then video entry number based order... so no, the order of the people after pro did not signify the order of results...
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

zeiram_00
Org Profile

Post by zeiram_00 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Ok, thanks Quu.
Anyway to see those results?
People are Stupid, Individuals are Intelligent

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 pm

I will let Jingoro post the official results, all I did was email out the results to the participants, since the submission site only allows super users (me) to do the mass email)
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:01 am

Lord Rae wrote:I also liked the title screen in the VAT so if you came in during a video you could see what was going on at a glance. I think that was there last year as well but I guess I noticed it more this year.
Glad to hear it. It was a last minute addition by me last year and went over decently enough, despite the projector being a piece of junk, that Quu ran with it. Hopefully it was visible and legible enough through the whole room, considering we didn't have a whole lot of room to adjust and move things around up front without getting in the audience's way.

Return to “AMV Contests”