Katsucon Winners!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Anonyma
Org Profile

Post by Anonyma » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:48 pm

unfortunetly something went wrong with my video (My Goddess to My Goddess) because the video was slightly sped up, the brightness way up, and the audio was higher in pitch. Although after I got my submission back and it looked right on there, I guess it's the last time I'll make a VHS submission.

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:50 pm

There's a good chance that you thought it was faster because of tension. This happens to everyone who participates in crowd activities - ask anyone who's done theatre and they'll tell you how amazingly fast the show will fly by. Seeing your video on the screen probably made it feel faster than it was.
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

treehugnhippy
Org Profile

pitch or speed or something

Post by treehugnhippy » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:18 am

I too noticed that some videos were at a higher pitch or speed or something. I attended the Fri. night AMV screening.

Anonyma
Org Profile

Post by Anonyma » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:45 am

well the actual running time is supposed to be 2:44, if anyone who has the DVD feels like comparing it ;)

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:19 pm

Your video was faster because you probably did your video in 24 FPS and it was sped up to 29.97. The DVD of the contest was built using a preset filter so all videos were scaled and treated the same regardless of how they were submitted.

Back on track, yeah, the contest was great, but in all honesty I really wish they just played my video once and presented me with all three awards at once, or at least just called me up to accept my award each time and not play the video again and again. The audience already saw it once for the first award, and it gets pretty boring after seeing it 3 times in 15 minutes ^_^()
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:27 pm

While that would make sense for submissions done digitally, it sounds like that submission was on VHS tape, so it shouldn't have been effected by the possible framerate discrepancy (assuming it was the right speed on the tape that was submitted). If I get the chance this afternoon I'll take a look at the DVD and see what the runtime for that track was. Won't help in figuring out why, but at least it could clear up whether or not it actually was playing fast.

Those DVDs were, in my opinion, a wonderful thing to give out as part of the awards (even if I was a clutz and dropped mine when they were handed to me). I love having all the great videos to be able to show to people in a nice portable format. :) I can't wait until I can afford a DVD burner.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Anonyma
Org Profile

Post by Anonyma » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:12 pm

I looked at the DVD and it apparently had the correct runtime. But the audio was still a tad higher in pitch and the brightness up. Sorry to keep bringing it up ^^;

Return to “AMV Contests”