Sakura-Con 2011 Finalists & Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Re: Sakura-Con 2011 Finalists & Winners

Post by AllyKatAVR » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:09 am

Seijin_Dinger wrote:in regards to Bunneh
THANK YOU

At the exec screening I was asked about which anime was used, and at least one got all girly squeeing happy because she had just bought it, but not had time to watch it
That right there makes entering and not winning totally worth it XD

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 am

I wonder what the judges thought of mine, as it was originally disqualified for the language in the song, but ended up making the final cut (after getting moved to a different category).
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:44 pm

congrats on the winners :'D
i would love to been there to see my video X333
i wonder if people like it as well "the break up", lol X3

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Seijin_Dinger wrote:That included a video that I thought would win overall, but I go by scores based from multiple people and not my own feelings.
For some reason my curiosity has been piqued by this and I wanna know which video it was so I may watch it.

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:19 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:I wonder what the judges thought of mine, as it was originally disqualified for the language in the song, but ended up making the final cut (after getting moved to a different category).
They laughed and said that what I DQ'd it for was ok for con

Also the fact that they scored it high enough to make the finals, and moved it to comedy says a lot.

at screening I stay logged into the submission site because for some execs this is where they find new anime to watch and I get asked constantly if I know what anime was used
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Hmm now I'm kinda curious what is thought about mine...

Since originally, I had thought it to be my best work yet and had high hopes for it, now, not so much...

I know it's popular among the fans the series, but I'm curious at what non-fans think of it. I tried to make the story appear as obvious as I could and use characters who are important throughout the vid, but to an average viewer, all that work just might go over their heads...

(plus I wanted to make it epic enough so people would watch the series... :P )

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Hmm now I'm kinda curious what is thought about mine...
I certainly enjoyed your video even though I haven't seen the anime. My video was also in the action category. The action category had a lot of really good videos this year, and the one which won the category used the same song as yours and played before it IIRC. I think Dinger said something about there being 7-8 videos with that same song submitted this year. :shock:

Anyway, yours was a great video and it was cool seeing it on the big screen. :up:
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:15 pm

tehninjaness wrote:
Seijin_Dinger wrote:That included a video that I thought would win overall, but I go by scores based from multiple people and not my own feelings.
For some reason my curiosity has been piqued by this and I wanna know which video it was so I may watch it.
Hah - yea, same here.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Cannonaire wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:Hmm now I'm kinda curious what is thought about mine...
I certainly enjoyed your video even though I haven't seen the anime. My video was also in the action category. The action category had a lot of really good videos this year, and the one which won the category used the same song as yours and played before it IIRC. I think Dinger said something about there being 7-8 videos with that same song submitted this year. :shock:

Anyway, yours was a great video and it was cool seeing it on the big screen. :up:
It's always great seeing your vids up on the big screen, with the nice sound system--that's one of the main reasons to enter a contest, as far as I'm concerned. It was also the great thing about having the overnight shift. I totally indulged myself in nepotism and showed a lot of my own videos--it was like the the AMV room was my own personal home theatre, at least for a while. :awesome:

I'm working on getting a playlist together for the two shifts, btw. Once my brain is working properly---I'm still recovering.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote: It's always great seeing your vids up on the big screen, with the nice sound system--that's one of the main reasons to enter a contest, as far as I'm concerned.
Definitely, I enjoyed it very much seeing my video last year at Animazement. It is also way more fun to be there when you win :)! When I won with my video "Evangelion 0.11 - Shinji is (Not) the Boss" Spike Spencer was sitting right there and after hearing the title decided to come shake my hand, haha!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “AMV Contests”