Seishun-Con's 2011 AMV Contest (Official Results)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Seishun-Con's 2011 AMV Contest (List of Finalist)

Post by Kireblue » Sat May 21, 2011 3:21 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Woo, Maka made it in! And I'm digging the rest of the finalist list as well.

I'm extremely interested in this Judge's award...I've never heard of a vid winning an award without being in the contest itself. Will whichever this vid is be shown at the con still?
The vid was submitted to Seishun-Con, and was the only one in its category that received a perfect score from every judge. But after much discussion, we (the judges) decided that the video was not submitted to its ideal category. We didn't necessary feel that it was submitted to a bad category, but we felt that the other videos in the category were a much better fit than it, and represented the concept of that category better. All of us felt that the AMV was our favorite submission, so giving it the Judges award was the obvious solution.

Oh and yes, the vid will be shown during the contest.

And lastly, the twitter account that I will be using to announce the winners is http://twitter.com/#!/kireblue

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat May 21, 2011 9:40 am

Yay. I made it into both. <3

Good luck everybody! :D

xDreww2
Org Profile

Post by xDreww2 » Sat May 21, 2011 10:55 am

Oh darn I thought I would make it when I got that e-mail , that I was one of the 65. Oh well maybe next year good luck to the finalist!

James Blond
Org Profile

Post by James Blond » Sat May 21, 2011 3:04 pm

I made it in?! Sweet! Good luck everybody else! :D

Glitzer
Org Profile

Re: Seishun-Con's 2011 AMV Contest (Closed)

Post by Glitzer » Sat May 21, 2011 3:31 pm

kireblue wrote:Attention everyone that has expressed interest in Seishun-Con's AMV contest. Due to the "end of the world", and to my greatest disappointment, Seishun has decided to cancel its AMV contest indefinitely. I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you survive the upcoming zombie apocalypse with all your organs intact. May Haruhi bless us in our greatest time of need.
Wonder if all the people who sent money to that church got a refund :ying:

This is going to be a fun contest |:>

EvilBloodyNoob
Org Profile

Post by EvilBloodyNoob » Sat May 21, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm still here aren't i?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 am

Hey everybody. I just wanted to inform you all of an unusual change that I had to make to the AMV contest. A miscommunication has resulted in the AMV contest being split into 2 separate parts. The first part will take place on Saturday (June 4th) and will showcase the Action, Fun/ Upbeat, and Comedy finalist. The second part will take place on Sunday (June 5th) and showcase the Drama/ Serious, and the Romance/ Sentimental finalist along with the "Judges Choice Award" Winner.

All the results will still be simultaneously announced at the con and via my twitter account. http://twitter.com/#!/kireblue

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:01 am

Here is the intro video for Seishun-Con's 2011 AMV contest which is being held today (06/04/11) in Atlanta, Georgia. For those of you wondering who won the "Judges Choice" award, all I'm going to say is to watch this video closely. Its name is revealed along with the 25 finalist for the audience vote awards, and a small portion is of it is used in one particular scene.

The actual voting will take place today and tomorrow, and announced simultaneously at the con and via twitter http://twitter.com/#!/kireblue . And the official announcement for the "Judges Choice" award will happen tomorrow.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy :D

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Oh wow, I'd say that deserves judges choice XD

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:57 pm

If anybody sees comedy tonight, can you tell me how gtfo was received? I am very curious!

Return to “AMV Contests”