Unofficial AWA 2010 results thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Unofficial AWA 2010 results thread

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:hey guys, is there an amv showing at AWA that isn't a contest of any sort? i ask because someone commented that they saw "I Love the Anime World" there, but i didn't enter it :uhoh:
I indeed did played your video as part of my comedy block I had there :D

Overall, it was awesome seeing everyone again.. Had a lot of fun

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:01 am

drewaconclusion wrote:
Sn0wcrash wrote:Were there good videos during the "night" show ? If I understood well the rules, some videos have been screened only at night (with mature content). Is that right ?
Did anyone catch my "The Violence of Channel X" playing during the mature screenings? Haven't heard from anyone that it actually aired.
As far as I know, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, there has been no mature AMV screening during the last two AWAs. Late night in the VAT has been taken over by the AMV Dance Party. I remember last year haunter was upset that his other Pro video didn't get shown at all, and this year CBR had to hijack the hentai panel to hold their hentai iron chef this year.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:17 am

Yeah I kind of miss the late night stuff...

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:34 am

Dr. Faux Pas wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
Sn0wcrash wrote:Were there good videos during the "night" show ? If I understood well the rules, some videos have been screened only at night (with mature content). Is that right ?
Did anyone catch my "The Violence of Channel X" playing during the mature screenings? Haven't heard from anyone that it actually aired.
As far as I know, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, there has been no mature AMV screening during the last two AWAs. Late night in the VAT has been taken over by the AMV Dance Party. I remember last year haunter was upset that his other Pro video didn't get shown at all, and this year CBR had to hijack the hentai panel to hold their hentai iron chef this year.
Bummer... I better get it posted soon then.
ImageImage

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:36 am

zeiram_00 wrote:
-fk fk fk fk fk fuck you Appletree and your creator!
damn could you be butthurt anymore?
A non CDVV member who works his ass off on a video and I still get shit for people thinking its good?

Why dont you take a sugar frosted fuck off the business end of an aids infected dick , ya hater.

On another note, congratulations to everyone else who won and made it to the finals. And thanks to CDVV for letting me have this one :)

I'm bringin the thunder next year too. Apple tree wasnt shit compared to whats comin next. :) So if you hate me now, might as well bite down on that cyanide capsule when I make my submission next year :P j/k but seriously congrats everyone and best of luck next year. :)

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:38 am

Instead of hating on the fact that Apple Tree won, why don't you take a minute and reflect on what that says about the AMV community?

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:41 am

Personally I prefer apple pie :|
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:46 am

its a wonderful day for pieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:47 am

Haunter103 wrote:All I have to say is:

OREGANO!
:rofl:

Dude, not like this- V
but like this- ||

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:47 am

Brakus wrote:I did notice lots of videos that have made the rounds elsewhere aren't being sent to AWA! I had a couple requests (from those that *did* come) to show "Darkest of Places" but Kosmit didn't sent it to us, nor someone on his behalf.
What, really? Damn...
There's a reason behind that to be honest. I've sent this video to Otakon and it wasn't even screened there for being 'too hot', so I thought it wouldn't have much sense to send it to another con just to see my AMV suffer a similar fate. That, and I don't like whoring - 'The Darkest of Places' won me 2 awards already so I thought that is enough already. I'll be sure to send my videos next time.
Just out of curiosity - did you have my AMV on your hard drive?

Return to “AMV Contests”