Anime Boston 2011 Unofficial Ballot and Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2011 Unofficial Ballot and Winners

Post by kiarrens » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:04 pm

L'arc~en~ciel wrote:Congrats to the winners. I myself made it in, came out empty, but as I say to myself, there is always next year. I have a few ideas already, though, since I suck with editing, it will be pretty damn hard for me, but hey... I got a year.
Which video was yours? :)
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:11 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I think they adjusted the levels to handle softer vocals (so it wasn't just a wall-o-bass like last year) but the volume level was just too high. Saturday's screening was much better than Friday's in that regard though.
Really now? Makes me regret seeing how it turned out on Saturday. :/ I know all about the issues on Friday, but if the audio stuff was altered on Saturday, I really wish I was able to see if it really differed much. Would be best to know if it was my end, or AB's end.
kiarrens wrote:
L'arc~en~ciel wrote:Congrats to the winners. I myself made it in, came out empty, but as I say to myself, there is always next year. I have a few ideas already, though, since I suck with editing, it will be pretty damn hard for me, but hey... I got a year.
Which video was yours? :)
The FMP one.
My old Youtube Channel has been removed. Kindly review here for videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmhp2 ... gpjU0cMCuA

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:21 pm

L'arc~en~ciel wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I think they adjusted the levels to handle softer vocals (so it wasn't just a wall-o-bass like last year) but the volume level was just too high. Saturday's screening was much better than Friday's in that regard though.
Really now? Makes me regret seeing how it turned out on Saturday. :/ I know all about the issues on Friday, but if the audio stuff was altered on Saturday, I really wish I was able to see if it really differed much. Would be best to know if it was my end, or AB's end.
The volume was brought down 3db - not sure if they did anything more than that. Certain ranges act differently with high volume - especially in a room with acoustics like that.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:22 pm

L'arc~en~ciel wrote: The FMP one.
Ooooh, I need to download and re-watch that one when I get home. :)

Can I also say that I rather liked the K-ON! one in fun/upbeat? My guy friends have been raving about that show for a year and I'd had no desire to watch it until I saw that video. Super cute, and the story carried SO well, even to someone who had NO IDEA what the show was about.

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:31 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
L'arc~en~ciel wrote:
The volume was brought down 3db - not sure if they did anything more than that. Certain ranges act differently with high volume - especially in a room with acoustics like that.
Yeah. To be perfectly honest though, I sort of doubt it would have made much of a difference. Curious still, but it wasn't the loudness or anything that annoyed me as much as the pitch of the voice. Could still have been, but like I said, I am going to say it is doubtful.

kiarrens wrote:
L'arc~en~ciel wrote: The FMP one.
Ooooh, I need to download and re-watch that one when I get home. :)

Can I also say that I rather liked the K-ON! one in fun/upbeat? My guy friends have been raving about that show for a year and I'd had no desire to watch it until I saw that video. Super cute, and the story carried SO well, even to someone who had NO IDEA what the show was about.
Actually, I don't have it online, and don't know when/if I will anytime soon. Will see though. There is a few more things that would need to be done before actually putting it online, and to be honest, though I hate to say it, post-con editing has always been something I always find myself having a hard time to push myself back into. I got way too many bad habits to kick.... that, my anime slump, and the fact I still got, and have started well over 20 anime I have to still finish watching. Yup, I am an incompletionist. :P Oh well. Some day.

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:39 pm

L'arc~en~ciel wrote: Actually, I don't have it online, and don't know when/if I will anytime soon. Will see though. There is a few more things that would need to be done before actually putting it online, and to be honest, though I hate to say it, post-con editing has always been something I always find myself having a hard time to push myself back into. I got way too many bad habits to kick.... that, my anime slump, and the fact I still got, and have started well over 20 anime I have to still finish watching. Yup, I am an incompletionist. :P Oh well. Some day.
*lower lip tremble* *puppy dog eyes*

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:41 pm

kiarrens wrote:
L'arc~en~ciel wrote: Actually, I don't have it online, and don't know when/if I will anytime soon. Will see though. There is a few more things that would need to be done before actually putting it online, and to be honest, though I hate to say it, post-con editing has always been something I always find myself having a hard time to push myself back into. I got way too many bad habits to kick.... that, my anime slump, and the fact I still got, and have started well over 20 anime I have to still finish watching. Yup, I am an incompletionist. :P Oh well. Some day.
*lower lip tremble* *puppy dog eyes*
Hahaha. Like I said, it is a nasty habit of mine I really got to kick. Hell, to be honest, I have been making AMVs since what.... 2006ish? And still haven't even uploaded a video here since then. It is that bad. I just hope one day, I WILL get this video up here. Time will tell I suppose.

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:45 pm

L'arc~en~ciel wrote: Hahaha. Like I said, it is a nasty habit of mine I really got to kick. Hell, to be honest, I have been making AMVs since what.... 2006ish? And still haven't even uploaded a video here since then. It is that bad. I just hope one day, I WILL get this video up here. Time will tell I suppose.
I've fallen into that habit before... usually what I do these days is encode the distribution copy RIGHT after I encode the convention one, then immediately upload it here, and set it to not go live 'til the Friday of whichever convention it's premiering at. I am a terrible procrastinator too. :(

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:52 pm

kiarrens wrote:
L'arc~en~ciel wrote: Hahaha. Like I said, it is a nasty habit of mine I really got to kick. Hell, to be honest, I have been making AMVs since what.... 2006ish? And still haven't even uploaded a video here since then. It is that bad. I just hope one day, I WILL get this video up here. Time will tell I suppose.
I've fallen into that habit before... usually what I do these days is encode the distribution copy RIGHT after I encode the convention one, then immediately upload it here, and set it to not go live 'til the Friday of whichever convention it's premiering at. I am a terrible procrastinator too. :(
Sounds like a good idea to keep in mind. Yeah, that is also how I am too. I have my friends venture with me to the con, and we all, whoever were to get in, would let it show at AB first, since it is all of our hometown con. Every year, atleast one of us has made it in, so, it would always be cool to you know.... keep it pretty hush until the day, so that is why I would never bother putting it up, atleast in planning until it has shown atleast once. I will say, I think you are onto something there. I will definitely keep that in mind, thank you.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:00 pm

kiarrens wrote: I am a terrible procrastinator too. :(
WHERE'S THE XX PROJECT, KIARRENS? :nono:

Return to “AMV Contests”