Anime Boston's AMV contest report?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
phrea_Vicious
Org Profile

Post by phrea_Vicious » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:59 pm

Do yourself a favor and go to Anime Boston next year. We are going to be doing the AMV Iron Chef again. I will be hosting as Chairman Kargo and it should be a blast. I will make sure I taunt Brian and Dan even more than I did this year.

phrea_Vicious
Org Profile

Post by phrea_Vicious » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:00 pm

Oh yeah, and in case you didn't notice, I'm whoring the AMV Iron Chef because it's 1337er than the AMV contest. What's the fun in being able to take your time to make a video?

Skrasis
Org Profile

Post by Skrasis » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:20 pm

Would it be possible to get a break down of the vids and under which category they fell under? And perhaps a ballot break down how many votes each vid got :lol: if thats not possible just how many total ballots were cast during the contests.

I want to go to boston but its soooo far away, maybe next year :wink:
And whats this AMV Iron chef I hear about what is it?

Skrasis

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:33 pm

Skrasis wrote:Would it be possible to get a break down of the vids and under which category they fell under? And perhaps a ballot break down how many votes each vid got :lol: if thats not possible just how many total ballots were cast during the contests.
That'll be online when TaranT gets it up. I've sent him a copy of the ballot, so it should be at amv-contest-lists.org in the next couple days. As far as the vote breakdown, Patrick said he wasn't allowing people to see that this year because they were getting mad at him that their video was only getting two votes, etc etc etc...
Skrasis wrote:And whats this AMV Iron chef I hear about what is it?
Basically, me and OtakuForLife both had access to our computers and decided to run an AMV Iron Chef, which entails making a video in one hour. Unlike Quu's Iron Chefs, we hadn't actually *seen* the footage we were using beforehand. For some reason, it turned out to be very popular on both days we had it, and we'll be trying to bring it back to Anime Boston 2005.

-dOKool

Dragonmaster Lou
Org Profile

Petals of Change (the Best Drama Utena video)

Post by Dragonmaster Lou » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:24 pm

I managed to run into Alberto (the creator of that video) at the con at the AMV creator clubhouse meeting (oh, and thanks for the rest of you guys inviting me to join you for dinner there, but I already had plans to eat with others, sorry). Really great guy, and he managed to give me a CD with his videos including the winner.

I'll give him an email and ask him if he has an account up on the org or if not, if I can upload his videos to the org for him.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:30 am

Skrasis wrote:Would it be possible to get a break down of the vids and under which category they fell under? And perhaps a ballot break down how many votes each vid got :lol: if thats not possible just how many total ballots were cast during the contests.

I want to go to boston but its soooo far away, maybe next year :wink:
And whats this AMV Iron chef I hear about what is it?

Skrasis
OK, the list is posted. Use the link in my sig.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:15 am

dokool wrote: Basically, me and OtakuForLife both had access to our computers and decided to run an AMV Iron Chef, which entails making a video in one hour. Unlike Quu's Iron Chefs, we hadn't actually *seen* the footage we were using beforehand. For some reason, it turned out to be very popular on both days we had it, and we'll be trying to bring it back to Anime Boston 2005.
-dOKool
And you can't forget that Otaku for Life was running the most decrept computer that has ever dared to make an AMV... i remember a lot of duct tape being involved... He got such a hig vote from me because of sympathy in that respect (I was the bleached blond judge on friday night/satury morning who kept tring to take a nap btw)

Return to “AMV Contests”