TnAdct1
Org Profile

Re: WE'LL DO IT LIVE! - Otakon 2021 AMV Contest/Theater Info

Post by TnAdct1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:03 am

Tarage wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:18 pm
VicBond007 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:32 am
As per the number of entrants, nobody got DQ'd.
It's not like I wasn't trying! Honestly I was shocked and highly amused that of all the horrible things in my video, the thing that got flagged was the one thing I never thought about: Giant Naked Rei's giant naked nipples. At least I somehow had a semi good idea for once to fix it: Thank you for allowing me to do that btw, and congrats to all of the finalists.
You're not alone here. When making my Otakon entry, while there's a few elements in my video that could raise a flag, the one moment that I was really concerned about was the Negima scene, as it involved a hot spring scene, and while the nipples were not visible, the fact that the water doesn't obscure the body had me concerned about the shot (especially since I had to change part of my Road to Pompeii video when one of my original planned scenes would have been flagged by Anime Expo). In the end, I went with the idea of censoring that part, and luckily, given the subject matter of the video (and how I've been into anime for more than 20 years now), I had the perfect idea of how to handle it.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:34 pm

Zeonic Freak wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:37 am
At first glance its like you guys are treating your rewards as trading YuGiOh cards? Is one defense strong enough so you don't get cast into the shadow realm or something? :rofl:
Trophy banlist changes every few months, gotta get the newest trophies to stay competitive |:>

Congrats to the finalists! Pretty sure this is the first contest I'll be in since 2014, haha.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:42 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:34 pm
Congrats to the finalists! Pretty sure this is the first contest I'll be in since 2014, haha.
So glad to see you back in the game!

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:57 pm

I'm just stoked that I'm a finalist TBH. I haven't submitted to many contests so this is the first time for me.

Because of my work and where I live I probably won't be able to be at Otakon, but the fact my AMV is gonna be shown to a crowd is just mind-blowing.
"Of course! Don't you know anything about science?"

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:19 pm

SailorTardis wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:57 pm
I'm just stoked that I'm a finalist TBH. I haven't submitted to many contests so this is the first time for me.

Because of my work and where I live I probably won't be able to be at Otakon, but the fact my AMV is gonna be shown to a crowd is just mind-blowing.
Congrats! Good job :D

Maxikot:)
Org Profile

Post by Maxikot:) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:34 am

Congrats to the finalists :)

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:02 am

One question in regards to, well the overflow screening if you will. Will it be in the same room as the finalists are? In other words, will it be screened in the same room at the finalists will be? Or will be off to like a “side room” or something?
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- ) (https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:19 pm

animefan1 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:02 am
One question in regards to, well the overflow screening if you will. Will it be in the same room as the finalists are? In other words, will it be screened in the same room at the finalists will be? Or will be off to like a “side room” or something?
"We ARE the side room" - Andre the Giant...probably.

All AMV events are taking place in the same room. Non-finalists are shown on the same screen as the finalists.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:54 pm

VicBond007 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:19 pm
animefan1 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:02 am
"We ARE the side room" - Andre the Giant...probably.

All AMV events are taking place in the same room. Non-finalists are shown on the same screen as the finalists.
OK good, that’s what I want to know. Because I saw at one convention, where the overflow screenings were in a different, much smaller room than the contest itself. So I was wondering. And Andre the Giant? Wow, that goes way back.
Last edited by animefan1 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- ) (https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:58 pm

Inconceivable.

Return to “AMV Contests”