AnimeNEXT 2021 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
theartiszan
Org Profile

AnimeNEXT 2021 AMV Contest

Post by theartiszan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:21 pm

Hello wonderful AMV creator community,

I'm posting here to say with excitement that the AnimeNEXT 2021 AMV Contest is officially open for entries! For those of you who don't know AnimeNEXT, we're a 3-day convention at the gorgeous Atlantic City Convention Center in New Jersey, attracting 11,000+ attendees each year. Our 2021 show will be the 19th iteration (not the 20th due to the human malware) of our convention and will be held June 11, 2021 – June 13, 2021. We have come up with a great way to be able to hold our convention this year since we can't yet be together, we are almost home. We are going to be all online this year! This is an exciting way to be able to still have our community get together over our shared sense of interest and stay safe during this time.

We are also going to be a little more flexible this year. Because we were not able to hold our contest last year, unfortunately, we do not want to exclude any of the great work that has been done during that time that we couldn't hold our convention. We are happy to accept any video that was completed on or after April 21, 2019.

Contest Rules (PLEASE READ)
Enter here!

As always, our categories are NOT decided until AFTER the finalists are: it all depends on what the mix of AMVs is that is good enough to make finals. (For example, one year we had Character Profile and Artistic but no Action, because that's just how the finalist videos broke down.) So this is a perfect contest for those videos of yours that don't slot nicely into the categories elsewhere.

We are accepting entries until 11:59 P.M. EDT on May 9, 2021. Please get those entries in early if you can, so we have more time to work with you to resolve any problems we might find. There is ALWAYS a big last-minute rush, and we don't want to risk not being able to correct everything before the prescreening the very next week.
Like last year, all entries must contain a valid download link for your video file -- NO YOUTUBE/VIMEO/DAILYMOTION LINKS (or of any other streaming site) will be accepted! I cannot stress that enough. (I thought we had stressed it enough in 2019, but then we still got two or three.)

We will also be hosting the AMV portion of our convention this year through online services and the convention is online with Twitch. Due to this, we would also strongly as that the video be encoded into either h265 or h264 codecs. This will help us maintain a high level of quality while utilizing these services to be able to provide your content to our guests (and maybe help you win).

With this being my first time to run the contest and being online only, it will be my pleasure to work with you to help get this content out there for our fans to enjoy. I know it is a little bit of a different ask this year, but please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. This is one step to getting back to normal, with the hope we can be in person next convention.

Please do let us know if you have any questions. Thank you again for your hard work and have fun!

TheArtiszan

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2021 AMV Contest

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Wed May 05, 2021 8:52 pm

I just wanna know if you were able to receive my entries for this year?
Silent. Heroic. But never both.

theartiszan
Org Profile

Post by theartiszan » Sat May 08, 2021 11:18 pm

Hello All,
Just wanted to give a quick update on this as a reminder that the contest entries will be coming to a close in the next 24 hours.
We look forward to getting all of your submissions to view and share with our attendees and community for the contest this year.
TheArtiszan

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:35 pm

Any news on the winners?

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Yeah, were there any winners announced yet? This was a couple of weeks ago.

Maxikot:)
Org Profile

Post by Maxikot:) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:38 am

Silent Hero Studios wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:58 pm
Yeah, were there any winners announced yet? This was a couple of weeks ago.
According to their website https://animenext.org/explore/amvs/ the contest has been pushed till start of July.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:37 pm

I guess this never happened then huh? That's a bummer.

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:35 pm

Wait, so nothing's happening??

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:47 pm

Silent Hero Studios wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:35 pm
Wait, so nothing's happening??
This is what the website says:

“With all the moving parts and focus on AnimeNEXT Almost Home, we feel that it would unfair to our contestants to run a “half-baked” competition. We’ll be pushing our AMV contest back to start in July. This way, we can devote all our energy to the technical setup and give the competition the attention it deserves. Especially with such a large amount of interest and international submissions!”

So not really sure what “start in July” is supposed to mean.

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:15 pm

Of course.

Return to “AMV Contests”