International Fan Fest Toronto presents our inaugural Anime Music Video Contest! Unleash your creativity and skills with video editing programs to create the best anime music video of the year and impress the audience!
Deadline: April 12th, 2019
Summary of Rules
- All entries must list the anime used at the end of their AMVs. We’ve had massive requests from audiences to show what anime are in these AMVs
- Minimum of 1 minute, maximum of 6 minutes.
- Up to 2 entries per team OR person. Multiple entries are allowed (max 2). Please fill up one submission form per entry.
- Please do not include intros or outros that are more than 20 seconds long. It is fine to integrate credits into the AMV itself.
- If your entries have won 1st place/Best in Show at any other conventions before January 1st, 2019, it will not be accepted. This rule only applies to those who won 1st place/Best in Show. 2nd+/runner-up is fine.
- Other guidelines are covered by the CONGRSS ruleset.
- Audience - Best Fit: The music selection mixes well with the Anime’s style and theme.
- Audience - Best Ship: This relationship may not be cannon, but it just feels right.
- Audience - Made Me Laugh: I’m not sure what I just saw, but my sides still hurt from laughing.
- Audience - Made Me Cry: Got me right in the feels. (Ow, my feels…)
- Audience - Got Me Pumped: This video got me excited and ready for more, a good video to show someone new to Anime.
- Judges - Best Editing: The video stands out as an excellent example of video editing. Things to watch for would be well timed choreography between the video and music (IE: do keyframes in the video sync to the music), and altering and re-purposing footage from the source anime. (IE: did the video creator alter the source footage to make a new scene)
- Judges - Best Composition: The video stands out for it’s composition. The scene and music selection work together to tell a story of their own and show a creative or artistic intent from the creator.
- Judges - Best Original Content: This video stands out due to its use of original content. Did the creator make something new for the video, can be 3D assets, original art, or music.
Full rules and submission details at: https://toronto.ifanfes.com/amv-contest/
Thank you for your interest!