Video Resizing itself In Premiere?

TheLostTimberwolf
Org Profile

Video Resizing itself In Premiere?

Post by TheLostTimberwolf » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Hello All,

Question about Premiere Pro CS2, for some reason my video in the Source window is displaying properly, however my video in the Program window has been squashed. Check screen shot to see what i mean. I am importing my footage from DVD via avisynth.

Script is,

Code: Select all

Mpeg2Source("F:\Premier\Gunslingergirl - Toy Soldiers\D2V\GSG - Ep10.d2v")
TFM(mode=3,pp=5)
#TomsMoComp(0,5,1)
Tweak(sat=1.1,cont=1.1,bright=0.8)
fluxsmoothT()
vmtoon(sharpen=false,thinning=0)
awarpsharp()
#ConvertToRGB32()
I dont think the problem is related to the script though as they play fine in VDUB and also display in Premieres source window. Is there any sort of global setting that i might have turned on accidently to cause this effect?

Thanks for any help

Zwill
Org Profile

Re: Video Resizing itself In Premiere?

Post by Zwill » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:04 pm

What aspect is your project in and size of project?
Image Image

TheLostTimberwolf
Org Profile

Post by TheLostTimberwolf » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Zwill wrote:What aspect is your project in and size of project?
Aspect is 16:9(1.2) and im not sure what i need to check for size of project. If you mean the actually project file itself its 2 megs. Somehow i suspect thats not what your after though.

One thing i forgot to mention before is that the video was playing fine, now that i want to export to avi i touched up my script simple stuff like sharpening, contrast.

Zwill
Org Profile

Post by Zwill » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:28 pm

l'm new to premiere to but isn't 16:9 (848x480) 1.0 square aspect?

You could try that.
Image Image

TheLostTimberwolf
Org Profile

Post by TheLostTimberwolf » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:47 pm

I tried doing an encode using those settings, it seemed the same but larger. Im wondering if there isnt something up with my PC, seems to be acting funny, im going to try the project onmy laptop and see if that helps. Appreciate your help, thanks zwill

Zwill
Org Profile

Post by Zwill » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Well only two things would come across for me.

You ripped the dvd and its left as 720x480 and hasn't been resized to 16:9 (848x480)

or

Your premiere settings aspect is wrong

:?
Image Image

TheLostTimberwolf
Org Profile

Post by TheLostTimberwolf » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:34 pm

The footage did stay as 720x480 so i suspect that may be the problem. I have managed to find a work around for the problem, which is export from premiere as is using huffy, then cropping+resizing and re-encoding to xvid in VDUB. Not the option i was after but it seems to have come out ok. Im in a jam as the amv has been made, and premiere doesnt let you change project settings once you have begun, if there is a way i dont know it. And i dont have time to do it again unfortunately as i have a deadline today. Last time i wait till the last minute to start lol. I just dont know why out of the blue it changed, up until i tried to export it to AVI it worked fine.

Again thanks alot for the help, Ill remember to keep 848x480 in mind next time.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:11 am

There is nothing wrong with editing at 720x480, you just have to remember to set the flag properly. I think that right clicking on your source in the project panel, choosing Interpret footage and then setting the Pixel Aspect Ratio to Conform to: D1/DV NTSC Widescreen 16:9 (1.2121) should fix your issue.
You'll also have to remember to properly set the 16:9 flag when compressing to mp4 in the zarx264gui, you'll just have to go to the advanced tab and choosing 16:9 from the Auto Calculate combo box.
Editing anamorphical 16:9 over 848x480 is better because you save space (lower stored resolution) and processing power both on editing/encoding/decoding (less pixels to deal with), but you still have the same actual detail (848x480 is stretched from 720x480 anyway, so it doesn't add detail). ;)

TheLostTimberwolf
Org Profile

Post by TheLostTimberwolf » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Yep that fixed it up perfectly, Thanks Mirkosp :D :D I like the idea of needing less power as my system can get a bit crashy at times. Cheers for all the help

Return to “Video Editing Software”