what prog do you you use when creating amv's

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

what prog do you you use when creating amv's

Post by Farlo » Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:22 am

just bored, so i'm checking what everyone uses...i use ulead media studio pro 6.0

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:33 am

I use Pinnacle Studio DV ver. 7.0 The system was cheaper than most, only about $200 andit came with the capture card. It does all the things I need it to do for AMV making and produces great quality. The negative aspect is taht I can't do anything fancy with it, I can't even overlay clips without messing with "fade to" transitions for about half an hour and even then it's nto the same. Even still, it's a great program taht does what I need.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:02 am

http://www.heroinewarrior.com/

Costs $0, and you can do all sorts of things that are usually reserved for the big boys of video editing and compositing.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:19 pm

Used to use my beloved WMM and do fun editing. :lol: Now I use Premiere 6.0 and do stressful, time consuming work. :shock:

iserlohn
Org Profile

Post by iserlohn » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:31 pm

I mostly use premiere but have started playing around with VegasVideo. It's got a bastardly UI, but it's also got some neat functions that are really practical (like MPEG-2 input and decent realtime previewing without an RT card...and asskicking MPEG export)
"I'm recording an album tonight. Funny material and laughter will be dubbed in later."
--Bill Hicks

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:24 pm

Premiere, with helping hands from Virtual Dub, Avisynth, Photoshop, Smartripper, and DVD2AVI.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:00 pm

Problem Slayer's Armament:

Adobe:
Premiere 6.0
After Effects 5.0
Photoshop 7.0

Virtualdub (logoaway)
Nandub (video captioning, labels)

Codecs:

DivX
XviD
now using AVS files! ^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Maximo
Org Profile

Post by Maximo » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:22 am

I have tried premiere and pinnacle studio, and i think that Ulead offers the best bang for the buck. It seems to give me a little more control and flexibility. And it does not freeze as often. 8)
Sha yi jing bai!
Newest vid: D!

axron27
Org Profile

Windows Movie Maker for want of something better

Post by axron27 » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:35 pm

this not a recommendation it's a sad fact. like all microsoft creative products, it's meant for armchair enthusiuasts and is weak in special features. for instance, i like to have sound from the actual clips i'm producing my videos from at the front and back of same but the audio and video volume controls are set as on a balance bar, so if you don't want your clips own audio interfereing at least 90% or more of the volume has to be set favoring the added music clip which means that the beginning and end sequences are going to be much lower in volume than the body of the video. plus the begin and end point clip functions often ignore the user's settings and the whole clip appears anyway. windows movie maker does not manage memory well and tends to crash.
I love Lime

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:58 am

hmmm

Adobe premiere 6.0
VirtualDub
TMPGEncode
DivXFix (Strips and Rebuilds the AVI indexes for those "300 megs of a 305 meg file that crapped out on you at 95% downloaded")
A whole assload of diff codecs diff ppl have reccomended to me (I still want to bear Huffyuv's childeren. :lol: )
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Return to “Video Editing Software”