Running out of Ideas, need some advice. (Sony Vegas User)

Cneq
Org Profile

Running out of Ideas, need some advice. (Sony Vegas User)

Post by Cneq » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 am

Hey guys! I've been making AMV's for around 8 months now off and on, and I'm starting to feel a bit limited in what exactly I can make.

I'm a Sony Vegas only editor and for most (if not all) of the AMV's I've made so far, basically just consist of pancrop (panning, zooms,zoomouts) crossfades, some use of BCC Lens Blur, and the occasional flash or two for certain moments.

In-Short, All of my AMV's have a really raw style to them and I'm looking for tips on things I can learn/use to be able to try out more creative things with my videos, and overall improve my AMV's.

I would really appreciate it if you guys have any tips of your own you could share, or even if you know of any good Sony Vegas AMV tutorials on youtube that go past the basics. I'm not planning to switch to another program anytime soon, since AE has a lot of issues on my computer. So if it's at all possible I'd really appreciate sony vegas related advice. Thank you :)

Here's some of my recent AMV's for reference :

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Running out of Ideas, need some advice. (Sony Vegas User)

Post by Kireblue » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:56 am

If you're trying to find new idea for what you can do in your videos, checking out the AMVllog channel might be a good start https://www.youtube.com/user/AMVlogChannel/videos

And even more so than watching tutorials, just watching a bunch of good AMVs will give you ideas for what you can do with video editing. Imitating parts of other people's styles that you like is often times a good way to start finding your own

Cneq
Org Profile

Re: Running out of Ideas, need some advice. (Sony Vegas User)

Post by Cneq » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 am

Thanks for the tips! I'll have a look at that channel and hopefully I'll learn some new things to try out ^^

Return to “Video Editing Software”