Sony Vegas 13 Lag preview

suriru1
Org Profile

Sony Vegas 13 Lag preview

Post by suriru1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:14 am

It's been a while now, but my SV has terrible lag preview. It makes impossible for me to edit fluidly (to see if an effect actually works I have to render it and it takes too much time).

I mostly work with FX videos and lots of layers, I use preview (auto) and it doesn't really matter if I lose a bit of preview quality if I can see what is going on on my video.

Can someone help me with my problem?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas 13 Lag preview

Post by Kireblue » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:36 am

If you have your display settings set to preview auto, and you still have lag, then it could possibly be your footage. Editing with MP4s require a lot more processing power from your computer than AVI files. And so converting them could help reduce the workload. AMV Tool is pretty good for that viewtopic.php?f=117&t=126971

If that doesn't stop the lag, then you'll probably need to just invest in a better computer to handle whatever you're doing.

suriru1
Org Profile

Post by suriru1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:42 am

I heard about that. But I work on FX and I don't really use videos but just images (JPG) which is why I still don't get why it lags so much.

Anarchy Music Videos
Org Profile

Post by Anarchy Music Videos » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Probably there's another process using a lot of RAM during the preview, but sometimes it's just the source file. For example it happens with a decrypted file with brute force key. Anyway if you change the RAM of your computer all the preview and rendering process are improved, but remember to test your computer RAM capacity before buying a new RAM.

Return to “Video Editing Software”