Other Editing Programs

HelenGena
Org Profile

Other Editing Programs

Post by HelenGena » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:52 am

So, I use Corel VideoStudio Pro X7 and I noticed that I am in the weird place where people consider it better than Windows Movie Maker but not on Vegas or Adobe's level. A lot of contests say that it isn't a "professional" program so I am stuck not being able to enter meps or contests (which I would like to get out there somehow). So, my question is, is there anyone else who use a program that is not Vegas, Adobe, or WMM and how do you handle that annoyance?

Mysunsai
Org Profile

Re: Other Editing Programs

Post by Mysunsai » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:40 pm

What do you mean you can't enter contests? There's no reason anyone from a contest would even know what program you used to edit, much less care enough to prevent you from entering. MEPs might be a problem (for technical reasons, depending on how they want to do the final compilations), but you can probably find people who are willing to accept your render rather than work with a specific program.

I guess I don't understand what your concerns are.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:15 pm

I guess I'm 2 weeks late to reply, but you could try out Lightworks.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:43 pm

I have heard good things about Lightworks, as TsunderbirdSeth points out, but it's a significant step up from WMM/Corel. Other programs like HitFilm and DaVinci Resolve are too geared toward indie film makers, rather than what AMV-makers need.

Honestly, if you could get a copy of Adobe Premiere from a friend or through a class, you should cut your teeth on that. If you're going to have to accept a steep learning curve to learn a new program anyway, you might as well play in the major leagues with Adobe ;). Just my two cents.

Return to “Video Editing Software”