Editing Space Layout Options?

Tacita Koe
Org Profile

Editing Space Layout Options?

Post by Tacita Koe » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:55 pm

Okay, I need some help.

So here's what's up: For the past two years I have been making AMVs with Windows Movie Maker, and recently decided to start making a switch to a more professional editing software, HitFilm 4.

However, I am finding the editing layout in HitFilm to be a constant issue because the only way to see what I am working with and figure out what I am doing is to zoom in on a 3 second or shorter segment, as opposed to Movie Maker where I can look over my entire project pretty much simultaneously, and every cut is the same size regardless of if they are two seconds long or fifteen (pictures above as reference).

The layout of HitFilm's editing space has made working on amvs practically impossible for me, and I would like to know if there is any possible way for me to alter the editor's layout to look and work more like Movie Makers, or if there is any different editing software on the level of HitFilm that has this kind of layout already? I would like to use a more professional editing software, but trying to work with this 'micro-manage me' layout just isn't worth it.

Any help is appreciated.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Re: Editing Space Layout Options?

Post by UnluckyArtist » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:00 pm

HitFilm probably doesn't have that preview window open on defaut. Look under the list of windows/panels (under Home or Options, idk) and activate whichever one lets you see each clip you have as a thumbnail to the side. Hope that solves it.

Tacita Koe
Org Profile

Post by Tacita Koe » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:59 am

I'm afraid that didn't help. I looked through the options and virtually every editable factor of Hitfilm, and very few options seemed to have done anything at all. And anything that did do something only seemed to change an aspect of the layout I couldn't care less about. Nothing I did helped give the clips a uniform thumbnail size.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:44 am

Well with Hitfilm 3 Express it looks like the window on the left is the closest thing you can get to seeing all you clips at once, so the only thing you can do is make that window bigger and try to work with it. Even in the full version of HitFilm it does a similar thing except it gives you a little preview window.

Return to “Video Editing Software”