How to Pitch Audio in Sony Vegas and/or Audacity?

AlacrityAMV
Org Profile

How to Pitch Audio in Sony Vegas and/or Audacity?

Post by AlacrityAMV » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Title basically says it all. I want to be able to upload an AMV without getting a YouTube community guideline strike, but the thing is, I don't know how to pitch a song. I tried pitching a song, but it was found and blocked in the United States. I've recently noticed that LucioleAMV on YouTube used a song, pitched it, and didn't get any copyright material filed on it. The song was titled "Yowamushi na Honoo", which was sang by a four-man rock band; but he pitched it so it had this girl-type voice to it. Also, I don't want any "night-core" type of pitch shifts where what they are saying is super fast. I want to make it so that it's pitched, but not to the point where the goes out of its duration. :bear:

Yowamushi na Honoo (Pitched):
Spoiler :
Yowamushi na Honoo (Original):
Spoiler :
The start of season 2 is out!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: How to Pitch Audio in Sony Vegas and/or Audacity?

Post by Kireblue » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:32 pm

Often times, pitching the song doesn't really prevent the youtube bots from finding it. They've actually gotten really good at it over the years. The videos that you see with pitched audio are just getting lucky for the most part and can get taken down just as easily.

And so with this in mind, I would never recommend that someone pitch their audio. It sounds awful, ruins the watching experience, and isn't even a reliable way to avoid being taken down. Since Vimeo doesn't enforce copyright claims nearly as much as youtube, a alternative that I would suggest is to upload your video there. Then you can upload a version to youtube that doesn't have any audio and provide a link to the the vimeo upload in the video description and annotations.

And lets not forget that you're always able to upload you video right here! When you upload your video to the local server, it generates a streaming option in the same way that youtube does. If you don't know how to upload your videos here, here is the FAQ about it: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2#p1546652

AlacrityAMV
Org Profile

Post by AlacrityAMV » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:56 am

Thank you for the reply!
The start of season 2 is out!

albert6720
Org Profile

Post by albert6720 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:12 am

I think it’s better not to change the pitch because if you change it more the voice will busted and no one like to hear your song on YouTube.

Return to “Video Editing Software”