Help with sony vegas

exkcal
Org Profile

Help with sony vegas

Post by exkcal » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:44 pm

I am working on an amv and I just noticed i rendered in 480p, is it possible that I can re render the mkv into 720 and make the program use the skv files from the 480p version so that I dont have to recut all the clips I have down so far?

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Re: Help with sony vegas

Post by The_McLaughlin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:48 am

I'm a little confused as to what you're asking. Is the amv in 480p or are your source files in 480p?
If it's your source files that are 480 you could technically yes endcode them into 720 and then edit with them. However you'd be upscalling your footage and I wouldn't suggest upscalling as it could deteriorate your source especially the more you encode them out. If you decide to do this though you can switch them out you'll have to tell vegas what clips you want to replace the old ones with. If you get rid of the old files when you open vegas it should come up with a message saying it can't find your clips and have the option for you to select a file to replace it with or find the file it can't find manually. This however has been known from time to time to cause clips to become slightly off, because sometimes the timecodes aren't 100% the same and thus the in and out points suddenly become different, so you'll likely have to go back through and make slight adjustments.

If it's your amv that was encoded incorrectly, you should be able to just go back into your project file and adjust the encode (I believe Sony uses the term render instead of encode) settings so your project file comes out as 720p. Unless you didn't save you shouldn't have to recut all of your clips.

Hope that answered the question, again I was a bit confused by it. I haven't used vegas since vegas 9 though so if it's more complicated than that I'm not familiar with the newer versions of the program so I wouldn't be the best person to ask, though I'm willing to try and help you.

exkcal
Org Profile

Re: Help with sony vegas

Post by exkcal » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:30 pm

All good I got it figured out

Return to “Video Editing Software”