Recommendations for a new old AMV hobbiest and film maker

HibikiTaisuna
Org Profile

Recommendations for a new old AMV hobbiest and film maker

Post by HibikiTaisuna » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:57 am

Hi everyone,

currently I am looking for a video editing tool for christmas :) I did some AMVs years ago with an old version of Vegas Pro and Adober After Effects and done one with Kdenlive as well. But now I want to actually BUY a software.

I am going to use it not only for AMVs but for my own AVCHD videos from my Lumix G6 as well.

I narrowed down on the following tools:

Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite
Adobe Premiere Elements 13 (in a package with Photoshop Elements 13)
Corel VideoStudio Pro X8.5
Cyberlink PowerDirector 14

I have downloaded the trial version where possible. As Corel doesn't offer a trial version are there any users around who could compare it to the other options?

How do these softwares scale to my skills? Which can theoretically deliver the best work (comparing with pro-level tools like Vegas Pro, Premiere Pro/After Effects)? Basically which is the most powerful one in quality and offers the most for higher skill levels?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Stefan

MrNosec
Org Profile

Re: Recommendations for a new old AMV hobbiest and film maker

Post by MrNosec » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:17 am

It depends on what kind of AMV's you want to make really, clean cuts, pan crop transitions with little to no colour correction like the majority of the community does can be easily done with any of the above, Corel being the best among the ones you mentioned in my opinion.
But if you want to go beyond that, I sugest you save untill you can afford After Effects or Premiere, I only use After Effects to edit my videos, wich is considered silly for some because it's meant for compositing instead of linear video editing, but what I do isn't possible anywhere else except After Effects, my point is, if you manage to get After Effects, the sky is the limit and the software is no longer a limitation.
AMVs:
Figment
Numinous

Youtube Channel: MrNosec

DJRopous
Org Profile

Mon Dec 14 2015 12 17 pm

Post by DJRopous » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:00 am

I have backed up sonic advance files on my pc containing chao, how did you edit the save files?

albert6720
Org Profile

Post by albert6720 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Why not use wondershare video auditior for editing your music as well as video because it really have variety of editing tools that can totally change any video.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Thu May 04, 2017 7:56 pm

MrNosec wrote:It depends on what kind of AMV's you want to make really, clean cuts, pan crop transitions with little to no colour correction like the majority of the community does can be easily done with any of the above, Corel being the best among the ones you mentioned in my opinion.
But if you want to go beyond that, I sugest you save untill you can afford After Effects or Premiere, I only use After Effects to edit my videos, wich is considered silly for some because it's meant for compositing instead of linear video editing, but what I do isn't possible anywhere else except After Effects, my point is, if you manage to get After Effects, the sky is the limit and the software is no longer a limitation.
Definitely come back to the world of Adobe. Now that they have their creative suite, you can simultaneously work on projects in different programs like Premiere and After Effects. For the rest of us that bow down to MrNosec's all-AE-skills, it can give us the best of both worlds without costing any more.

Good luck!

Return to “Video Editing Software”