Blender for AMV creation

Ðeadeye
Org Profile

Blender for AMV creation

Post by Ðeadeye » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:22 pm

I love Blender. I really don't want to use another program if I don't have to. However, I have just started out and I have no experience with other software. So, I have come here seeking knowledge. :mrgreen:

Does anyone have experience with using Blender for AMV or video editing? Would I be limiting myself if I kept using the software?

Jedinovice
Org Profile

Re: Blender for AMV creation

Post by Jedinovice » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:48 am

Hi. I am relatively new here but, in case you still need an answer to your question… Yes, Blender should have enough 'whack' for AMV's.

I use Linux and Kdenlive and, while I have Blender installed, I have never actually used it! But Blender is ranked more powerful than Kdenlive. However, it seems the learning curve may be a bit steep.

http://www.datamation.com/applications/ ... itors.html
Blender – Some of you might be surprised to see me recommending this as a video editor, but in truth Blender is a very solid video editor that also has the ability to create some amazing 3D graphics. It can also save video scrubs, remove flubs with fair detail and general video conversion. Additional functionality found with Blender is the ability to do zooming effects, watermarking and managing adjustment layers.
The actual work-flow is not for the faint of heart. Much like using Blender for 3D creation, the editor has an advanced workflow that will take some practice and a few tutorials to master. Much of the advanced functionality is caused by Blender's ability to take basic functions and enhance them with greater control.
For someone looking to do advanced video editing on the cheap, Blender is a solid contender. You'll need to study it a bit as the learning curve is steep without studying related tutorials.

Still, it's a lot cheaper than Sony Vegas!
Video editing on Kdenlive in Mint Linux KDE 17.0
H/W: An ASUS X200 dirt cheap Dual core atom n2840 at 2.16GHz
...and they said it couldn't be done!!! :lol:

Ðeadeye
Org Profile

Re: Blender for AMV creation

Post by Ðeadeye » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks Jedinovice :)

Funny thing is, I downloaded the trial for Sony Vegas and the UI scared me off xD

Very happy I don't have to switch off of blender ^^ I can stay away from scary Sony Vegas.

Return to “Video Editing Software”