Laptop requirements for Sony Vegas?

DeanSenjuSymons
Org Profile

Laptop requirements for Sony Vegas?

Post by DeanSenjuSymons » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:41 am

Hi, I'm a total noob to video editing but I've decided to take the dive in making AMVs, but my funds are limited. I'll be using Sony Vegas 11, if you would recommend something else then please share and explain the advantages for me? It seems the first thing I should do is optimize my PC before installing the software and getting things moving. I'm not sure what is required of my PC, I have an Acer Latop with Intel Core i7-451OU, NVIDIA GeForce 840M with 2 GB dedicated VRAM, 4GB DDR3L Memory, 1000GB HDD. I don't really know what any of that means but I'm trying to learn.. is this sufficient? Also if anybody could provide some explanations of other specs I should be checking that would be great. Also I'm on Windows 8.1.. Thanks for any responses :)

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Laptop requirements for Sony Vegas?

Post by Mol » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:27 pm

It's more than enough for most video editing programs :) You should be fine.
Still better than that MMO.

bennettamv
Org Profile

Post by bennettamv » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:22 pm

DeanSenjuSymons wrote:Hi, I'm a total noob to video editing but I've decided to take the dive in making AMVs, but my funds are limited. I'll be using Sony Vegas 11, if you would recommend something else then please share and explain the advantages for me? It seems the first thing I should do is optimize my PC before installing the software and getting things moving. I'm not sure what is required of my PC, I have an Acer Latop with Intel Core i7-451OU, NVIDIA GeForce 840M with 2 GB dedicated VRAM, 4GB DDR3L Memory, 1000GB HDD. I don't really know what any of that means but I'm trying to learn.. is this sufficient? Also if anybody could provide some explanations of other specs I should be checking that would be great. Also I'm on Windows 8.1.. Thanks for any responses :)
dam that's a great laptop! Try to keep sure gpu options are enabled to benefit from your decent gpu.

DeanSenjuSymons
Org Profile

Post by DeanSenjuSymons » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:13 am

Haha damn, thanks for the help I've been stressing out scared that my laptop might not handle it! Also.. what's a gpu?? :/

Ðeadeye
Org Profile

Post by Ðeadeye » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 pm

DeanSenjuSymons wrote:Haha damn, thanks for the help I've been stressing out scared that my laptop might not handle it! Also.. what's a gpu?? :/
Graphical Processing Unit. It's your Graphics card.

Return to “Video Editing Software”