Do i do something wrong?

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Do i do something wrong?

Post by Mooonrider » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:56 am

As the title says, im pretty sure im doing something wrong, but cant think of a different way
I used to get the full Ep's of the anime into my timeline and just work with it when needed, using the "real vid" on the left side while the Ep's are on the right. Now I heard it would be the best to leave the timeline only for the vid and not all the stuff I did, but i dont know how else to get the clips i need? Get them 1 by 1 , render and then take them in?

Second question, how do you guys take out your clips? You take out first all the clips u want to be in or u search for them 1 by 1?

Sry im really a noob at this but i want to get better ( i guess thats how everyone works? )
Thanks!

NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Org Profile

Re: Do i do something wrong?

Post by NotReallyHere » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:52 pm

You can use the trimmer to search for the part you want without dragging them into your timeline. (In vegas, simply right click on the Ep in your project media and select "open in trimmer".)

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Post by Mooonrider » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:27 am

Ok i tried that now and like that function quite well! :D All i want to now know how good editors take their clips? I mean do u look up all the scenes first and after that cut etc. or ... ? Ty!

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:57 am

there isn't a right or wrong way to do it. but what's most convenient for me is putting full episodes onto the timeline and cutting/clipping all of them to the side of the audio before any editing or scene selecting, while making use of markers. then you could sift through a pile of usable scenes when scene selecting rather than full episodes

there are also editors here who clip and export all of their scenes out of vdub with relevant file names one at a time before editing and drag them into their NLE while editing. although i think that method came from trying save as much disk space as possible, as lossless episodes are large and it wasn't always typical to have 2tb hds. though that sounds tedious to me

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Post by Mooonrider » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:50 pm

slimed wrote:there isn't a right or wrong way to do it. but what's most convenient for me is putting full episodes onto the timeline and cutting/clipping all of them to the side of the audio before any editing or scene selecting, while making use of markers. then you could sift through a pile of usable scenes when scene selecting rather than full episodes
Well, that's exactly how I was doing it so far:P But as I said, I've read somewhere that you should leave your timeline open for only the vid and no extra material, I guess for a better overview? Anyway, was very much help, ty :)

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:45 am

I do the same thing. Put whole episode on timeline and trim away at what I need. In my most recent video, my timeline is 50 hours long from me doing that xD. (Thank god for the render selected region option..)

Return to “Video Editing Software”