Magix Exporting and UTVideo

TheMaster_Rahl
Org Profile

Magix Exporting and UTVideo

Post by TheMaster_Rahl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:57 pm

1st off, I apologize in advance if I'm posting a question that's been answered elsewhere (Hell, I may be posting in the wrong board). I did search, but did not find an answer.
If there is another topic that answers this, then please link and lock.

I'm using Magix Movie Edit Pro 12, and importing a clip of Futurama, which I indexed, ran through an avs script, and compressed with UTVideo(YUV420). Then I'm exporting, with out doing any editing, also with UTVideo(any). The exported file contains only audio and no video. How can I fix this? Other lossless codecs and uncompressed exports contain both audio and video.

For fun I opened the exported (w/ UTVideo(any)) file in VDub and tried to play it. I get this message:
The Decompression codec cannot decompress to an RGB format. This is very unusual. Check that any "Force YUY2" options are not enabled in the codec's properties.

For the uncompressed and other lossless exports, the product's color is different from the source. Prolly just from colorspace conversion though. But also, all the edges become pixelated, and big sections of color (not dots) start moving along all the edges. Also, the edges seem to become blurred then unblurred. The effect during playback makes the edges and other parts of the images appear to be oscillating up and down. I don't know what this problem is called, and have not encountered it before. These problems are not in the source. How can I fix this?

I'd post pictures of what I'm talking about, but I don't think I have permission to attach them.

Am I just being a scrub, or is this a real problem I have? Ask me if I did not provide proper details.

-Tim-

TheMaster_Rahl
Org Profile

Re: Magix Exporting and UTVideo

Post by TheMaster_Rahl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:51 pm

[quote]For the uncompressed and other lossless exports, the product's color is different from the source. Prolly just from colorspace conversion though. But also, all the edges become pixelated, and big sections of color (not dots) start moving along all the edges. Also, the edges seem to become blurred then unblurred. The effect during playback makes the edges and other parts of the images appear to be oscillating up and down. I don't know what this problem is called, and have not encountered it before. These problems are not in the source. How can I fix this?[/quote]

I solved this. I was indeed a scrub and missed a setting. Each object has an interlace/deinterlace tab under properties. Set to full frame and no interlace processing.
I did this for one object and saved for all objects, but this program means something different than all objects when it says all objects. So I had to do each object separately.

So all I need now is a way to export with UTVideo, or I guess I can just stick with uncompressed. It's just ungodly huge.

-Tim-

TheMaster_Rahl
Org Profile

Post by TheMaster_Rahl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 am

[quote="TheMaster_Rahl"]
I'm using Magix Movie Edit Pro 12, and importing a clip of Futurama, which I indexed, ran through an avs script, and compressed with UTVideo(YUV420). Then I'm exporting, with out doing any editing, also with UTVideo(any). The exported file contains only audio and no video. How can I fix this? Other lossless codecs and uncompressed exports contain both audio and video.

For fun I opened the exported (w/ UTVideo(any)) file in VDub and tried to play it. I get this message:
The Decompression codec cannot decompress to an RGB format. This is very unusual. Check that any "Force YUY2" options are not enabled in the codec's properties.[/quote]

I still can't figure out why M.E.P.12 won't export properly using UTVideo.
Has anyone been able to replicate this problem? That would at least let me know I have a legit problem.
Or does no one use this software anymore?
Is there documentation in english for UTVideo?
I offer a reward of :beer:x5 & :pizza:x10.

-Tim-

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:55 pm

How big of a file are you trying to export?

I recall earlier versions of Magix had file-size limits of 2GB or 4GB depending on the version of Magix.
[however file size limits didn't apply to uncompressed export]

Anything after version 15 is not limited by file size.

The latest version is v17.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

TheMaster_Rahl
Org Profile

Post by TheMaster_Rahl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Exported using UTVideo is about 600Mb, but what it exports only contains audio. (But it's only 4:27 long. File size seems a little high for only 4:27 of PCM)
Exported using Lagarith is about 520Mb, it contains both video and audio. (Also increases the length of the vid by 8 sec and throws off timing the more the video goes on. Maybe I messed up the fps.)
Exported using Huffyuv is about 1.5Gb, it contains both video and audio. (Also increases the length of the vid by 8 sec and throws off timing the more the video goes on. Maybe I messed up the fps.)
Exported uncompressed is about 7.5Gb, it contains both video and audio.

-Tim-

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:51 pm

hmm... well it's not over 2GB, so that's not the problem in this case.

Maybe there's a chance UT Video isn't installed correctly?
For 32 bit windows, install the x86 version.
For 64-bit windows, install the x86 version, then also install the x64 version.

Then again, I don't know how much I can help you since I always export Uncompressed anyways-- because it leaves the Audio/Video untouched. This gives you full control over how the footage is compressed afterwards (using VirtualDub). Doing this minimizes the chance that Magix screws anything up (like quality loss and unsynch...) Otherwise, Magix just automates everything for you-- and automation isn't always a good thing. Actually, I don't think I would trust any editing program to do compression for me because every program has their own way of converting footage. I mean, ideally, everyone would use the same set of standards, but I suspect those standards aren't always met, which results in a lot of inconsistencies, incompatibilities, and general screwiness. So yeah, for me, I just go uncompressed and deal with compression afterwards. They're very large files, but that's not a big problem for me, especially since they are just temporary.

TheMaster_Rahl
Org Profile

Post by TheMaster_Rahl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:52 am

Yeah, I don't think so. I've reinstalled and have the latest version from his blog. The original files I imported into Magix are UTVideo encodes.
None of the other videos I've made a final encode for, with UTVideo being used between edits not in Magix, came out just fine.
But I'll prolly just end up using uncompressed anyways. It works, and like you said, it's a temporary file anyways.
I think the problem is that Magix is incompatible with UTVideo or UTVideo is incompatible with Magix, and that a update would be required to add support either way. Prolly not happening...
Anyways, thanks for the help. As promised: :pizza: :pizza: :beer: :pizza: :pizza: :beer: :pizza: :pizza: :beer: :pizza: :pizza: :beer: :pizza: :pizza: :beer:
Enjoy!

-Tim-

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:23 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote:Anyways, thanks for the help. As promised: :pizza: :pizza: :beer: :pizza: :pizza: :beer: :pizza: :pizza: :beer: :pizza: :pizza: :beer: :pizza: :pizza: :beer:
lol 1 beer for every two slices. Good ratio :ying:

Return to “Video Editing Software”