Which program for me? [split]

eyzi
Org Profile

Which program for me? [split]

Post by eyzi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi. I want to make my first AMV but I don't know what program to use. Can anyone recommend me a good software?
As much as possible, I want a software that supports FLAC and MKVs, a software where I can put the whole season in it then I'll just cut clips afterwards, and not much laggy.

Thanks. :)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Which program for me? [split]

Post by Kariudo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 am

There isn't an editing program that I know that can do all of what you want there. Also, it's worth mentioning the site code of ethics when it comes to downloaded source. That aside, it's also a bad idea to try to edit with x264 encoded files unless you/the encoder used some very specific settings when compressing the video. You can lose your work in the middle of editing otherwise.

There's a decent list of editing programs over in General Video. The general recommendation is to try the trial versions of a few different programs to see which one works best for you. If you can't find a FLAC plugin for your program of choice you'll probably end up turning your audio into a .wav file.

Program lag is more a problem with your computer's hardware than it is with the editing software.

One more thing
Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>
It's a technical read, but will save you a lot of headaches in the end.

dragoonbb
Org Profile

Re: Which program for me? [split]

Post by dragoonbb » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:33 am

You can try AVS video editor it supports mkv and flv files and it has somthing called multi trim which will search for scence for a video clip and let u delete parts u don't need

Return to “Video Editing Software”