VideoPad Video Editor keeps updating every time I uninstall and reinstall

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

VideoPad Video Editor keeps updating every time I uninstall and reinstall

Post by tuxedomarty » Sun May 01, 2022 6:53 am

This isn’t what I use for AMV making, but other non-music videos. I have been using a trial version of VideoPad Video Editor for these videos. There is a time limit in the trial, and after it expires you can no longer export completed projects. But the trial version has a glitch in it. If you uninstall and reinstall it, you can reset the timer. Well I did this recently for a new video I filmed, and it automatically updated, and it works completely different from the other version. Not only that, when I drag an M2TS file into the software and it automatically converts it to AVI, it stretches it out to be much longer than it should. And I can’t get around it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling in more than one way and it didn’t work. It keeps updating it to the new version. I even downloaded the install package for the version I am using again from somewhere else to see if a different version of the file helped and it didn’t work. Right now I am restoring my laptop to an earlier date to see if that helps. In the meantime, I don’t know how to fix this or get around this. I don’t like the new version of the software. It didn’t give me the problems it is right now on the old version. When it converted an M2TS to AVI in the old version, it kept the file at the proper length. Like say the video clip is 4 minutes long. When it converts the file to AVI in the new version, it stretches it out to more than 20 minutes, and the file properties in the program say it is 100% accurate and it’s not.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: VideoPad Video Editor keeps updating every time I uninstall and reinstall

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon May 02, 2022 8:31 am

If you like using it pay for the software then contact support about the bugs you found and hopefully they'll resolve it. As for the AVI issue, if it's forcing you to use AVI just use AMVtool to create an AVI to work with.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video Editing Software”