How do I get WMM to use AVS without having to reinstall AVSy

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
KidEgo
Org Profile

How do I get WMM to use AVS without having to reinstall AVSy

Post by KidEgo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 am

I can't use Adobe Premiere anymore, because I'm sick of it crashing constantly, and I can't afford other editing software either. As much as I hate WMM, I have no choice. I just want to make AMVs without having to have programs crash and all that jive. But I don't know if there's a way I can get WMM to use AVS files without having to reinstall whatever app it was that creates the AVS files or gets them to work in Premiere or whatever.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

DF Ash
Org Profile

Re: How do I get WMM to use AVS without having to reinstall AVSy

Post by DF Ash » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:55 pm

AVS files, as in AviSynth? There's no way to make Windows Movie Maker use them. Your best bet is to keep Virtualdub or Virtualdubmod and use them to apply the AVS effect, and then save the movie clip and load that into Movie Maker (you'll need AviSynth too, but they're both free programs, you can find them online). But if you're looking to replace an editor that crashes all the time, talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...
"As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning, he found himself transformed into a giant pigeon!"

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”