Dont count out wmm yet potential amv makers!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Akiyukix
Org Profile

Dont count out wmm yet potential amv makers!

Post by Akiyukix » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:57 pm

I know i made a past post saying that wmm sucks and it froze and really the only reason im still able to use it is becuase i got a new laptop and wmm hasnt failed me yet on it but seriously guys you may think that becuase its the most basic video editing system in existence tha it cant give you all the affects that something like adobe premier or sony vegas can and to a very long extent you would be right XD but if you know the correct combination of the most basic effects then you can create some cool effects using wmm. Now if you are able to obtain adobe or sony vegas then WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR YOU IDIOT HURRY UP AND GET IT ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING XP!!!!!!!! but if not then dont think your videos cant be the s*** just because your using wmm. For example if you want to create a flash in the middle of a clip all you have to do is get a long clip and find the part you want to make it flash at. Maximize the time line to the point where it goes by seconds and not minutes. Shorten it from right to left until you get to that part. Copy and paste the clip you just shortened to be the next clip after the one you just copied and pasted then shorten the clip you just pasted from left to right all the way to the end. Ad the fade in white effect to the clip you just shortened. Paste the first clip again to be the next clip and shorten it to the same point as last time except this time after you shorten it to that point you lengthen it from left to right. To check if it works press play and you should see the clip flash in the middle where you placed the tiny clip. If you want to learn other tricks using wmm then just comment on this topic also watch my new vid to see the proof of what wmm can do but like i said before adobe a sony vegas are still waaaaaaaaay better so if you can get those dont hesitate but dont be discouraged if you cant.
The belief that you are the protagonist in your own life is a very dependent way of thought. Downright parasitic. It brings with it the preposterous notion that you’re the only one that matters. Even though there are six billion people in the world. And you are only one of them. Even the greatest of them cannot escape that fact

Akiyukix
Org Profile

Re: Dont count out wmm yet potential amv makers!

Post by Akiyukix » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:59 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=173668 i forgot to give you a link to my newest vid XD
The belief that you are the protagonist in your own life is a very dependent way of thought. Downright parasitic. It brings with it the preposterous notion that you’re the only one that matters. Even though there are six billion people in the world. And you are only one of them. Even the greatest of them cannot escape that fact

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:59 pm

You betcha buddy.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:11 pm

Sounds like me a year ago.

Akiyukix
Org Profile

Post by Akiyukix » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:20 pm

im positive that one of these days ill move on to the latest version of adobe premiere or sony vegas or if something new occurs then ill get that but this is just for the people who aren't able to get those things so they don't feel bad and so they don't just assume that just because the affect isn't programmed in it isn't possible using wmm

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:28 pm

yeah the problem is that most ppl that use WMM have no skill. Not just that the tool is faulty. It's lacking... very much so :| (no time shifting, no complicated fades- by complicated I DON'T mean very complicated-, and MORE?) but it's fine if your ok with figuring out alternatives. To basically everything. As has been said, Koop used a rudimentary program named magix (a bit better than WMM but not as complicated as Adobe or Vegas) to make Euphoria. I think he used Photoshop (which is kind of cheating :|) as well but... I made my first video using Virtual Dub and a stopwatch!! Man I wish I had THAT determination back lol...
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Akiyukix
Org Profile

Post by Akiyukix » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:36 am

I TOTALLY AGREE DUDE people dont have the right mind set to want to make an amv so they dont look for ever possible way to uses each effect to its fullest extent but , and im most DEF not saying im that good trust me, i try to think of every way i can use all of the effects to match the beat and my way might not look as good as adobe or vegas but it gets the job done as best wmm can

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:38 am

So much troll potential, but honestly...

Wrong forum, beaten to death topic, fairly new user...

OP, please read all FAQs, stickies, and otherwise lurk more. Welcome to the org, enjoy your stay. This topic will be locked shortly.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Akiyukix
Org Profile

Post by Akiyukix » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:55 am

very true on all three points and yeah itl probably be locked but hey even a locked topic can still be seen

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:58 am

For a while I was getting into editing the xml files to have more control over the effects in WMM, then I said "screw this" and got sony vegas. Still, you're correct: it has plenty more potential than people give it credit for.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”