WINDOWS MEDIA MAKER MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Akiyukix
Org Profile

WINDOWS MEDIA MAKER MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Akiyukix » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 pm

my stupid windows media maker keeps frikin crashing luckily i save every to seconds so i don't lose an of my progress but still IT TAKES A LONG TIME T MAKE A VIDEO IF IT KEEPS CRASHING so if anyone knows how to keep if from crashing PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT I WORK ON WINDOWS XP IF THAT HELPS
The belief that you are the protagonist in your own life is a very dependent way of thought. Downright parasitic. It brings with it the preposterous notion that you’re the only one that matters. Even though there are six billion people in the world. And you are only one of them. Even the greatest of them cannot escape that fact

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: WINDOWS MEDIA MAKER MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kariudo » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Best way to keep windows movie maker from crashing is to uninstall it.
As sad as it is, WMM was born only to die. It's only a matter of time before it starts to bug out on people like it's bugging out on you.

But seriously now, this should probably go in the WMM section (don't worry, a mod will move this for ya.) I'd also recommend looking at the WMM FAQ.

Akiyukix
Org Profile

Post by Akiyukix » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:13 pm

your totally right but don't have anything better so i have to use it for now
The belief that you are the protagonist in your own life is a very dependent way of thought. Downright parasitic. It brings with it the preposterous notion that you’re the only one that matters. Even though there are six billion people in the world. And you are only one of them. Even the greatest of them cannot escape that fact

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Might I suggest the software sticky in the general video section.

There are some free programs on that list as well

Sairyoku
Org Profile

Post by Sairyoku » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 pm

Haha! Yeah, WMM sucks. Especially the XP version, it's a bit better on Vista but it still crashes all the time(dunno 'bout Windows 7 though, probably still as unstable as ever). I've used WMM ever since I started making music vids. It's okay for the small stuff, that is, when it actually does work.

I just recently started using the Adobe software for my MV's and it's a huge upgrade, although they're quite the price to pay so I won't be recommending those to you. What I can recommend though is this program called Pinnacle Studios, it's a lot like WMM but without all the epic failure.

xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale
Org Profile

Post by xPiikanyaa » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:26 pm

There's nothing you can do to fix WMM really, it's just a shit program. The best thing to do would be to get some new video editing software.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Sun May 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Don't even bother with the Windows 7 version. It doesn't install with the OS, and the version available (Windows Live MM) is nerfed all to hell. You can seriously only make basic slideshow with it now. On the other hand, it seems we got our wish. Microsoft seems to have literally KILLED WMM. May it stay dead.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”