WMM for Vista Importing problem - codec?

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:48 am

or you know just:

(click tis a link aka what Kariudo said)

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:51 am

Is it such a sin to use Divx video? I've used it for years no problem, everyone I know uses it. I'm just looking for a quick simple solution to get back to the way I was doing things, I don't wanna go dling a bunch of new programs I don't know about and have to convert everyone of my files which should work already.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:17 am

if it's buggy and doesn't work in your editing program... then yes, it is a "sin"... because the gist of it is that DIVX/XVID are not made for editing, where as there are plenty of other codecs that ARE made for editing.

DIVX and XVID are buggy, just because they work one day, it doesn't mean that they will work another day. Not to mention they can cause timing issues, particles, they are lossy, and have a whole buttload of other technical problems when it comes to editing with them.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:20 am

-_- But it *does* work! It just doesn't work *now* because I just reloaded it. I've never had trouble with it, but if you have codecs that'll work I'm open to suggestions. Do I have to google special Vista only codecs? I'm not a pro, I'll take what I can get at this point.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:29 am

you could click the link in my post... it goes to a list of editable codecs.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:35 am

JaddziaDax wrote:you could click the link in my post... it goes to a list of editable codecs.
Thank you for your help, I'll give it a try.

btw - anyone have any idea why when I try to post a message through aol, I get "Invalid Session. Please resubimit the form." ?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:44 am

sounds like it's not holding your cookie? sign in and click the checkbox to remain signed in perhaps?

SenTrix
Org Profile

Post by SenTrix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:29 pm

What he means by its a "sin" is that if you use DivX, it wont work specially if you use Sony Vegas Pro. Or you can use DivX for Codecs and cut the scenes which you want in VirtualDub and but use Lagarith for compression for your clips, thats what I do sometimes.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Sentrix wrote:What she means by its a "sin" is that if you use DivX, it wont work specially if you use Sony Vegas Pro.
Or any other NLE.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:40 pm

I don't have Sony Vegas Pro,and I don't know what an NLE is. If I wanted something snazzy and complicated, I wouldn't be using WMM. I have a friend who got a new comp who is having the identical problem.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”