Don't Compress

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Toshiyan
Org Profile

Don't Compress

Post by Toshiyan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:20 am

Is there a way to get WMM to not compress your video when you publish?

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=80727

I took a look at this topic and it seems you can get it in a higher quality of compression but still it's compressed.

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Re: Don't Compress

Post by Gepetto » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:36 am

Toshiyan wrote:Is there a way to get WMM to not compress your video when you publish?

I took a look at this topic and it seems you can get it in a higher quality of compression but still it's compressed.
no ways that I know of. Scintilla once made a few hacks for WMM, for allowing AVS imports and such, so maybe it's possible to add exporting options as well, but I'm in the dark as to the reality of that.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:29 pm

as far as i know if you want to make it uncompressed you export from wmm at the highest quality available (which yes is still compressed) then import to virtualdub mod via avisynth and save as an uncompressed avi...

thats the best i got

Beast Spear
Org Profile

Post by Beast Spear » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Take your audio from wherever you get it, in the format you want.

Use/make another format for it for editing. When done, delete the audio and save the file. Then in VirtualDubMod you can connect your original audio to your finished vid, uncompressed.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:06 pm

He wants uncompressed video, not audio.

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Toshiyan wrote:Is there a way to get WMM to not compress your video when you publish?

Yes, it is compressed. But if you compress a movie at higher bitrate than the original source files CBR (constant bit rate), than there is no way you'll lose quality. You must realise that 'no compression/better quality = bigger file size'.

i understand that leaving WMM is out of the question here? :roll:

Beast Spear
Org Profile

Post by Beast Spear » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:50 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:He wants uncompressed video, not audio.
Ha, whoops. Don't know why I thought it said "Audio". :lol:

The best you can do with "uncompressed" video exporting in WMM, is to save it as DV-AVI I believe. But be warned, it tends to throw things off sync though. :?

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:29 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=82050
theres a link to a high quality wmv profile in there posted by Scintilla that might be useful
M.H.A.Q.S. wrote: But if you compress a movie at higher bitrate than the original source files CBR (constant bit rate), than there is no way you'll lose quality.
i dont think thats correct
Beast Spear wrote: ... save it as DV-AVI I believe. But be warned, it tends to throw things off sync though.
that only applies to the exported audio i think and you should never ever use the audio attached to a vid export from any vid editing program ever.

Toshiyan
Org Profile

Post by Toshiyan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:28 am

M.H.A.Q.S. wrote:

Yes, it is compressed. But if you compress a movie at higher bitrate than the original source files CBR (constant bit rate), than there is no way you'll lose quality. You must realise that 'no compression/better quality = bigger file size'.

i understand that leaving WMM is out of the question here? :roll:
Well I'm actually looking into Adobe's premiere but in the mean time I'm using wmm :P.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:35 am

well nobody has asked so I might as well..

Why exactly do you want a non compressed copy?.. I mean yes the Quality may be slightly better.. but I'd still go with compressed >_>

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”