Movie Maker Issues

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
ShikimaruK
Org Profile

Movie Maker Issues

Post by ShikimaruK » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:30 am

I recently went through my old folder and found a music video i had finished. For creating it i used avi files, which might be why it's giving me problems. When i go finish and save it as a movie file, not a WMM file, it gets up to about 58% than the time left just keeps increasing, i've left my computer on for 2 days running it and it was up to something like 5282 minutes. Any Ideas ?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:00 am

do you have an effect at that point? try changing something around the 58% mark and saving again?

or you can do the save in chunks part and put them all back together after thing

ShikimaruK
Org Profile

Post by ShikimaruK » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:20 pm

i have no effect around the 58% mark. How would you exactly save in chunks..is there an option for it, or would i have to do the painfully long process of cutting it and saving it in small parts?

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:30 pm

ShikimaruK wrote:i have no effect around the 58% mark. How would you exactly save in chunks..is there an option for it, or would i have to do the painfully long process of cutting it and saving it in small parts?
You cut the second part out of the timeline, save that. Then cut out what you already saved, and save the second part and then reimport both and save them together.

A lot of times you'll have to cut your vid in more than two parts though, maybe 3 or 4.
¯\(°_o)/¯

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:45 pm

what he said... have you tried changing anything around that part of the video?

ShikimaruK
Org Profile

Post by ShikimaruK » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:31 pm

i think i found the problem..i broke it down in parts and the only part that wont work, is one where i'm using a horizontal mirroring effect. i'm going to take out the effect, and give it another try

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”