Video Preview Issue

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
BrownJenkin
Org Profile

Video Preview Issue

Post by BrownJenkin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Hello,

When I attempt to preview my AMV using Windows Movie Maker, the audio and video become unbearably choppy. So far I have used the small video-viewing window to sync my clips and audio, but this is becoming burdensome. I am using an .avi video file obtained by following instructions detailed in A&E's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video (v3). It is 640x480 with 23 fps, and the audio is a .wav audio file.

I can play the video and audio files separately without difficulty, and I can view my AMV without lag through the small video screen on the left side of the Movie Maker program. Problems only arise when I try to preview the dang thing.

Assuming that the problem isn't with my computer hardware, does anyone know what may be happening here?

Thanks in advance!!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Video Preview Issue

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:42 pm

What are your GFX and RAM settings? This usually happens in other software too, because of that they have a thing called dynamic RAM preview, which loads a bit of a video into memory and then plays it smoothly, but I couldn't Google anything about it being present in WMM.

BrownJenkin
Org Profile

Post by BrownJenkin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

I ended up doing a trial of Sony Vegas, and the preview is perfectly adequate. This leads me to believe Windows Movie Maker is just poor editing software (my suspicious are confirmed).

Thanks for the response!!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:59 am

Yeah, it's quite quirky and possibly eats lots of memory too. Glad you solved it! ^^

albert6720
Org Profile

Post by albert6720 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:15 pm

I think there is not a better version of the movie maker after the windows XP because all the later versions have some issues when compare it with XP version. I personally observe these things.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”