Missing .dll

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
-Reda-
Org Profile

Missing .dll

Post by -Reda- » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:58 am

Whenever I try to start up my copy of Adobe Premiere, I get a missing .dll error. The missing .dll is called "msvctvrl.dll". Now I don't really want to go through the hassle of reinstalling this software, as it might not even fix the problem. Upon some research, supposedly this dll is located in the Windows/system32/ directory or something of that nature.
Is there any way someone could possibly upload this DLL for me or possibly email it to me or something? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
*sips tea*

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:40 am

Why do the pages on the internet say that its a spyware DLL? I also remember having msvcr DLLs on my comp but none of them are 'msvcrtvl.dll'. I normally download my missing dlls from dll-files.com and I could not find this DLL on the internet.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:54 am

M.H.A.Q.S. wrote:Why do the pages on the internet say that its a spyware DLL? I also remember having msvcr DLLs on my comp but none of them are 'msvcrtvl.dll'. I normally download my missing dlls from dll-files.com and I could not find this DLL on the internet.
I noticed that as well when I googled it, which is why I think it was removed in the first place. However, I can't get my Adobe Apps to start up without it, as well as my clock (double clicking on the time in the right hand corner), or have IE run in a stable fashion. Its very weird...and I also checked on dll-files before making this post and was unable to find it there as well.
*sips tea*

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:10 am

Many spyware/viruses will use filenames that are the same as windows system files. Before deleting any file you should confirm that it is actually bad by scanning it with something.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:38 am

Well I didn't actually delete it manually my antivirus software (Norton Antivirus 2007) removed it automatically...anyway, does anyone out there have this DLL that they can send to me? Virtually none of my applications start up now...before I thought it was just my adobe apps which is why I posted this in this forum, however it seems to be more broad than that now...
*sips tea*

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:40 pm

I don't know if you'll be able to find this DLL on the internet or from someone. As far as I think it must be a part of MSVC redistributable package that comes from Microsoft, but I can't bet.

I'll upload it if I find it, Good luck.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:42 pm

Norton products suck, end of story (based upon personal experience on multiple systems with various versions of Norton.)
Avast! antivirus (free) + Zone Alarm firewall (free) + lavasoft ad-aware (free) + spybot search & destroy (free) have protected my systems for about 3 years

couldn't find anything on the .dll though

if you have a system restore point, try using system restore.
I'd recommend uninstalling Norton, but that just might be me...I'd probably wait for someone else to back up this recommendation
you might need to uninstall/reinstall the affected programs. If you have any projects you are working on in premiere, just back up the project file before you uninstall (I've transfered projects between my desktop and laptop this way)

koloheboy
Org Profile

Got the same errr message

Post by koloheboy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:45 pm

I go the same error message in regards to the DLL file, if you notice that not only adobe software won't work but other applications, it affected my MS Outlook, it auto shuts down and now I can't uninstall and reinstall the google tool bar, I can't even execute the installation software for MS Office Pro.

koloheboy
Org Profile

Post by koloheboy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:00 pm

The system restore did not work, I resorted my machine a week and 1/2 and it didn't work :/ I don't want to do a whole system restore dang it!!!!

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Re: Got the same errr message

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:14 pm

koloheboy wrote:I go the same error message in regards to the DLL file, if you notice that not only adobe software won't work but other applications, it affected my MS Outlook, it auto shuts down and now I can't uninstall and reinstall the google tool bar, I can't even execute the installation software for MS Office Pro.
By your posts, I am starting to think that DLL is surely spyware and it attaches itself with programs or hooks itself up with the kernel and loads into every executable through memory and creates a dependency. When the file is deleted by anything, all programs will shout for the dependency and since it is not there, they will not start. :shock:

I don't if the above is true, but if it is, you don't have any option but to backup your entire data, scan with antivirus, spyware, adware and format your system and install a fresh operating system if possible. :roll:

Return to “Adobe Software”