What is my problem here?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
y2kwizard
Org Profile

What is my problem here?

Post by y2kwizard » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:48 pm

Hello all. This picture is part of a frame of video I've imported using Premiere:

The pictures is of a football that has just been thrown. the problem, obviously, is that you can "see" two footballs there, instead of one. What is my problem? Is this a result of interlacing? If it is, then I see no interlacing lines.

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot!
"When I got fat, I decided to grow a beard" -- The Great Andy
"Is it a DARTH visor?" and "It's funny cuz it's pants" -- The Master of on-the-spot Funniness
"You're too young for your age" and "I'm sorry for apologizing so much" -- The Master of on-the-spot Randomness

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:50 pm

Sorry...I neglected to reply that if this video footage is run through premiere with "no frames" turned on, the problem still exists. If I run the video through After Effects with "no frame" turned on, the problem is fixed and I can see a footbal there. What gives??
"Is it a DARTH visor?" and "It's funny cuz it's pants" -- The Master of on-the-spot Funniness
"You're too young for your age" and "I'm sorry for apologizing so much" -- The Master of on-the-spot Randomness

The_Mad_Hatter
Org Profile

Post by The_Mad_Hatter » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:33 am

Are you talking about how it looks in the time line bar or the final product of the video after exporting? Cause if it's in the time line bar you probably aren't zoomed in all the way. Set it to single frame view rather than 2 frames, 4 frames, 8 frames, 1 second, etc. I think the defualt is one second, and as there are 30 frames in a second, well, you get the idea.

Mad Hatter©
"Will you, won't you? Will you, won't you? Won't you join the dance?"
mhm ¹ x ¹

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:50 am

Nope, this is how the final video looks in Windows Media Player...odd, hunh?

The_Mad_Hatter
Org Profile

Post by The_Mad_Hatter » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:33 am

Hmmm, that is odd. Have you tried exporting in different formats? What settings are you using when you export?

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:54 am

The screenshot I showed you was actually the raw footage that Premiere captured and then exported itself to the DV format. But when I export, I usually use the Microsoft DV format doing a File>Export Timeline>Microsoft DV AVI

Mask of Destiny
Org Profile

Post by Mask of Destiny » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:41 am

Well actually there are 3 footballs if you look closely enough. The problem here is probably that the football was moving too fast so it blurred, much like on a still camera. If it were an interlacing issue the image would feather or in other words, the football would be in different places on the odd lines than on the even lines. I really doubt there is anything you can do to fix this other than doctoring the image in Photoshop.

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:52 pm

I see. Well, my only beef with that argument is that this kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME. Even if the camera moves quickly from right to left, I get this two-image problem.

ALSO, if I run this through After Effects, the problem goes away. I have no clue why. Anyone know?

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:37 pm

not sure but...
isn't that a problem of telecining?
have you a NTSC-video there in 29,97 fps? then it could be telecining. try to do IVTC, if nothing helps then it depends on your source or some settings in premiere.

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:33 pm

Naw, this has nothin' to do with IVTC...the original source footage is from a video camera, which shoots at 29.97 FPS. You only IVTC with film...

Anyone else have any ideas? I dunno what on Earth this is.

Return to “Adobe Software”