Still Optimization, what does it do?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Still Optimization, what does it do?

Post by tuxedomarty » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:05 am

While working on a recent video and still trying to make sure my vids looked the way they did before I got my new laptop, I noticed something in the export video options called “Optimize Stills” while looking at the guide to try and get the export settings right again. And I don’t remember if I had it checked or unchecked on my old computer, but the guide I looked at said it should not be selected. What does it do exactly? The only major difference I saw was that it had made the color in the video look a teeny bit different, and added a bit of a blur effect to the title card that I usually put in my videos that lists the artist name, song name and the anime I used.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Still Optimization, what does it do?

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:20 pm

In the Export window, Adobe Premiere has a setting called, “Optimize Stills”. The benefit of this is to use still images efficiently in exported video files. For example, if a still image has a duration of 2 seconds in a project set to 30 fps, Adobe Premiere Pro creates one 2‑second frame instead of 60 frames at 1/30 of a second each. This can save disk space for sequences and clips containing still images. However, this can cause playback issues and variable frame rates causing audio video sync issues. Uncheck this option if you are experiencing any playback issues.
From: http://knowledgebase.abercap.com/index. ... tills.html

Return to “Adobe Software”