Help using adobe premiere elements!

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Swordsknight
Org Profile

Help using adobe premiere elements!

Post by Swordsknight » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 am

Hi, I'm fairly new to making AMVs. I'm on my first project and I got to the point where using Windows Live Movie Maker was crashing all the time so I bought Adobe Premiere elements seeing as there were pretty decent reviews on it. The problem is the footage keeps jumping around. I've done the whole rendering thing but it gets worse when I try to speed up clips. It either cuts out part of the footage I just sped up or it repeats a part of the clip. I imported these video files from a blu ray disc. Stuff that was so basic in WMM now just seems 20 times more complicated in elements. I'm asking if there is something that I can do to fix WMM from crashing, tips for using Adobe Elements, or if there is something missing in the way I imported the DVDs or should be aware of. I'm fairly new to this and would be so happy with any sort of response from anybody because I don't want to give up on this hobby before I get started.

Swordsknight
Org Profile

Re: Help using adobe premiere elements!

Post by Swordsknight » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Swordsknight wrote:Hi, I'm fairly new to making AMVs. I'm on my first project and I got to the point where using Windows Live Movie Maker was crashing all the time so I bought Adobe Premiere elements seeing as there were pretty decent reviews on it. The problem is the footage keeps jumping around. I've done the whole rendering thing but it gets worse when I try to speed up clips. It either cuts out part of the footage I just sped up or it repeats a part of the clip. I imported these video files from a blu ray disc. Stuff that was so basic in WMM now just seems 20 times more complicated in elements. I'm asking if there is something that I can do to fix WMM from crashing, tips for using Adobe Elements, or if there is something missing in the way I imported the DVDs or should be aware of. I'm fairly new to this and would be so happy with any sort of response from anybody because I don't want to give up on this hobby before I get started.
Here is what I'm working with:
The video files I'm using were converted from a Blu-Ray disc to an MKV file and then avi. They are 1920x1080 running at 23 FPS. However when I transfer it to Adobe Premier Elements there is no setting that I can adjust it to that matches what I just described. The closest match is the 1920x1080 but with 60 FPS. I've spent the last few hours trying to read and understand the AMV app guide but I'm totally at a loss for understanding why the most basic of things I could do in WMM is now impossible with this software. Any sort of response would be great!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Help using adobe premiere elements!

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:53 pm

It's difficult to do a quote by quote reply on a phone, so this might be oddly formatted...
avi
Encoded how? As what? AVI is a container, not a codec. It can hold a lot of footage types that won't work well in professional editing software.
23fps
This is wrong. 23.976, rounded (via avisynth commands) to 23.98 or 24 would be correct. Again, what were your footage prep steps?
no 1080p preset
I've never used elements myself, but in every version of Premiere Pro, you do not use the presets, you create a project with the frame size and frame rate you need.
why could I do this in wmm?
When you are okay with throwing things like frame accuracy out the window to make your interface simpler, you can get away with straight forward, no knowledge required editing. When you want to have the tools of a professional editing suite, you need to be educated in footage prep.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Adobe Software”