Is Elements 13 adequate?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
BrownJenkin
Org Profile

Is Elements 13 adequate?

Post by BrownJenkin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello,

After being frustrated with Windows Movie Maker, I'm looking for the next step up.

I have my eye on Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 because they are relatively inexpensive on Amazon. My question is this: are either of these adequate for creating an AMV, or do I need to bankrupt myself with the pro versions?

Also, are important features relevant to AMV making missing from the non-pro versions?

Thanks in advance!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Is Elements 13 adequate?

Post by mirkosp » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:37 am

Generally speaking when one wants a software in that price range, the common suggestion is Magix. I haven't been impressed much by Elements when I tried its demo, Premiere Pro is just a LOT better (and a lot more expensive too, though). I can't tell you much about Vegas though, I've never been comfortable with the software.

The best piece of advice I can give you is just to download the demo/trial versions of all the softwares and then see which one of them you find best for you.

Return to “Adobe Software”