After Effects CS6 vs. CC

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Grirnm
Org Profile

After Effects CS6 vs. CC

Post by Grirnm » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:43 pm

I wanna start making AMV's again and I've kinda given up on Sony Vegas. One, because the preview lag is atrocious and two, because I use a Macbook so it's a hassle to go through a virtual machine to use SV. So now I'm gonna use Adobe After Effects to make them since from my understanding it's just as good, if not better, than SV but a ton more complicated and more work for certain things.

So yeah my main question is should I get CS6 or CC?

From reading about the updates in CC the one that popped out to me was the ability for a mask to follow the object so you don't have to mask frame-by-frame anymore. This would be a huge plus but I only found a video where someone masked a simple image and not a complex one like a person (or character in anime) so if it can follow an image like that I'd 100% go for CC right now but if it can't and there isn't another major plus that CC has I'll just go with CS6.

Thanks! :D

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: After Effects CS6 vs. CC

Post by Shui » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:44 am

First off, editing capabilities in After Effects suck. You might want to consider a Premiere + After Effects combo.
As far as the differences go I can't give much feedback since I only used CS6 before.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

mulraf2
Org Profile

Post by mulraf2 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:39 am

kinda late. but i don't think you need another software to it. i'm fine with ae only for like 6 years now.
now for your question: after effects cc has all of the functions cs6 offers as far as i know. and more. the workflow is also better. i don't really remember it (currently at work) but there's some feature i really liked about cc (cc 2014 now). i'd definitely recommend getting that.

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 am

After Effects CC 2014 finally, FINALLY has preview monitor support. :D :D :D

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:18 pm

DJ_Izumi wrote:After Effects CC 2014 finally, FINALLY has preview monitor support. :D :D :D
Well, they have to take out features on a new release. How else do you expect them to have features to include in future releases so it looks like they're actually developing shit?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Adobe Software”