Can't preview in CS5

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Can't preview in CS5

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 am

Have CS5 running, all my source footage looks fine in the source window, and looks fine on the timeline. But when I try to preview (i.e. press spacebar or play in the preview window for the sequence) I get nothing. If I press pause the sequence widnow WILL show the right frame it should be on but if I press play again I get nothing back.

However, if I export the video it exports just fine, so the problem is ENTIRELY limited to tring to play the sequence/preview window. anybody know how to fix this?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Brad
Org Profile

Re: Can't preview in CS5

Post by Brad » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Do you have things affecting the footage on the timeline that would require it to be actually rendered? Or maybe some kind of source/sequence mis-match with frame rate or bit-depth or anything? Try hitting Enter instead of Spacebar to have it render the timeline.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:42 pm

I'll try hitting enter when I get home, can't check atm. As far as anything affecting the footage no I don't. I placed my first scene (unaltered) on the timeline, tried to preview it and got nothing. The same thing happens if I try and scroll through it frame by frame with the arrow keys, the first frame (whichever one I start the cursor on) looks fine but everything after is black.

I checked the sequence bar but I can't find where the source options are to make certain that they match up.
BANG

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Ok, so hitting enter to render the sequence works but this creates a seperate problem. Everytime I change something, even by one frame I have to rerender, it's not that it takes long but since the rerender puts it back at the front of the timeline it makes checking and changing minute things incredibly painstaking and taks on too much extra time. Is there an option to have it render in real time or another way to alleviate this problem?
BANG

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:10 am

What's your source format?

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:58 am

Problem solved, the source didn't match. I had never run into that problem to know how to fix it so I just used one of my clips and used it to make a new sequence, deleted the footage on the sequence bar and just used that one instead.
BANG

hyposphe7
Org Profile

Post by hyposphe7 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 am

Never had any problems in Adobe Premiere. Everything has always worked perfectly. But nothing complicated I have not yet done.

Return to “Adobe Software”