After Effects Render Settings

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
sholin360
Org Profile

Post by sholin360 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:58 am

I just started using Adobe After Effects but when I render it and set the format to mpeg2, after it rendered the graphics was terrible. Everything was set to default so I'm not sure what to do. :cry:
Please Help.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Re: After Effects Render Settings

Post by NS » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:28 am

The defaults for After effects are usually rather low quality so that you can just render out previews or whatever. If you want something better you should render out either a lossless AVI of some sort and convert it to MP4 with zarxgui or some other, higher quality alternative.

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Don't get why people look for all these rendering settings. Just render it as .avi lossless/uncompressed and compress with a video compressing program like AMVSimple or Zarx264.
Image Image

MetamorphosisStudios
Org Profile

Post by MetamorphosisStudios » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:42 pm

EnIgMoZz2 wrote:Don't get why people look for all these rendering settings. Just render it as .avi lossless/uncompressed and compress with a video compressing program like AMVSimple or Zarx264.
Zarx is a really good compressing software but you should stick with media encoder ^^ even tho it's a bit more advanced you can get some really good results.

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:04 pm

MetamorphosisStudios wrote: Zarx is a really good compressing software but you should stick with media encoder ^^ even tho it's a bit more advanced you can get some really good results.
lol this is a very late response, but uhm do you mean Adobe Media Encoder? And if so does it really produce better quality? :shock:
Image Image

Return to “Adobe Software”