CS5 problems: bars in export video, color during transitions

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
WUNETTI Productions
Org Profile

CS5 problems: bars in export video, color during transitions

Post by WUNETTI Productions » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm having two problems with Premiere CS5. If anyone can offer help, I would greatly appreciate it. Google searches have been no help.

Black bars in exported video
When I work in Premiere, everything is at the same resolution as the source footage (720x480). However, when I export the video, despite all the export settings being the same as the import settings, it adds black bars to both sides of the video, making it not as wide. I'm not sure exactly how wide the bars themselves are - looks like at least 30-40 pixels wide per side to me, possibly more. I have not changed any export settings that would cause Premiere to make this change, and I'd like for it not to happen.

While running some tests, I rendered the video directly from Premiere, instead of exporting the video and audio separately to put together in Zarx264. It seems that, when I do an uncompressed Microsoft AVI export, Premiere is adding the bars to both sides without changing the video's actual resolution (the uncompressed export videos still register as 720x480). I'm now even more confused, and would still like to find a way to get it to stop doing this that doesn't involve rendering the video directly from Premiere.

Colored bars appearing during video transitions
Every time there's a transition in my exported video, a pink colored bar appears on the right side of the video. This bar is only a few pixels wide but very noticeable, and clearly shows where each transition is. I can see how this might be useful, but I really don't want it in my videos. I've checked the transition settings (all the settings I could find) and haven't had any luck figuring out what's causing this.

After running the tests (see above), I found that the colored bar does not show up when the video doesn't have the black bars on the sides. So solving one problem will solve the other.

Again, many thanks to whomever can help me with these issues.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: CS5 problems: bars in export video, color during transit

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:09 pm

What's your source (avi, avisynth, mkv, mp4) and can you give us a screen shot of your export settings are... example:

WUNETTI Productions
Org Profile

Post by WUNETTI Productions » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:27 pm

My source is .avi files that I created using this site's guide. Here are my settings:

Thank you in advance for your help. :D

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:25 pm

WUNETTI Productions wrote:My source is .avi files that I created using this site's guide. Here are my settings:

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/ ... ttings.png

Thank you in advance for your help. :D
first, change the format to microsoft avi and set the codec to UTvideo (or lagarith). next, change the fps to 23.976 and the aspect to dv1/dv NTSC (.9091) (also, no audio?). alternately, if you go into your sequence settings and change the video preview settings to UTvideo (or lagarith) then check that "Match Sequence Settings" box when you export, everything should match up.

WUNETTI Productions
Org Profile

Post by WUNETTI Productions » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Pwolf wrote:first, change the format to microsoft avi and set the codec to UTvideo (or lagarith). next, change the fps to 23.976 and the aspect to dv1/dv NTSC (.9091) (also, no audio?). alternately, if you go into your sequence settings and change the video preview settings to UTvideo (or lagarith) then check that "Match Sequence Settings" box when you export, everything should match up.
Thank you so much; that worked perfectly. :D As it turned out, I misread part of the guide, which is why I was doing fully uncompressed exports. But everything went great with the UTvideo export; I'm compressing it with Zarx264 as I write this. Thank you again.

Sorry for not replying sooner - the past week has been very busy and I haven't had time to work on any of this. :shock:

Return to “Adobe Software”