Combining Files...

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Glitzer
Org Profile

Combining Files...

Post by Glitzer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Ok so this may sound pretty dumb, but I've been have the worst time exporting from cs4 so now after sacrificing many baby kittens to adobe media encoder I thought that maybe I could just open a Dynamic Link into after effects, but I can only export like 1 minute at a time. I have a quad core and 6 gigs of ddr3 and it keeps stopping like after a minute with no reason, like a crash only with no report and it acts like its fine. So I decided that maybe I could just export 1 minute of at a time and combine all them into Avisynth with a neato script. Does that sound practical? I wouldn't be coming here if I didn't try every trick in the book and hours of googling.

Thanks in advance.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Combining Files...

Post by Kariudo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 pm

try debugmode frameserver first to serve your project directly from cs4 into vdud. It'll certainly be easier than exporting 1 minute at a time and combining in avisynth

Other than that, you can export the little segments and combine them in avisynth like so

Code: Select all

avisource(file1) ++ avisource(file2) ++ avisource (file 3) ++ .....
you might not need the second + between each avisource...but IIRC the second + will guarantee that your video and audio stay synced (might wanna wait on someone else to confirm or debunk)

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:44 pm

+ is UnalignedSplice. ++ is AlignedSplice. + will run all video and audio together separately (so if the video and audio durations differ, you're screwed), ++ will make sure the video and audio start at the same time, and any gaps between Spliced segments are bridged with silence (hence the 'Aligned' part of 'AlignedSplice').

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Splice
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:14 am

To keep things more organized, you can use Backslashes to separate a long line like this:

avisource("clip1.avi") ++ avisource("clip2.avi") ++ avisource("clip3.avi")

into multiple lines like this:

avisource("clip1.avi")++\
avisource("clip2.avi")++\
avisource("clip3.avi")

or, if things get really messy, you can assign your clips as variables and piece them together like so:

c1 = avisource("clip1.avi")
c2 = avisource("clip2.avi").deblock().blur(0,1)
c3 = avisource("clip3.avi")

c1 ++ c2 ++ c3
AND if you combine this method with the Trim() and Dissolve() functions you can edit your entire video with avisynth^^
I actually do this all the time when I want to make a minor change to an AMV without re-rendering the whole thing.
avisynth can do a lot.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:15 am

Thank you all for your replies. I love it, going to the adobe forums people generally tell you that your screwed and adobe media encoder sucks, but you all here are so innovative. So I did what you said and it worked out fine combining the files together, but after effects for some reason decided to not to render a layer, which made blood shoot out of my eyes. So I tried debugmode frameserver like you suggested Kariudo and it was a gazallion more efficient than adobe media encoder. Besides actually rendering the whole thing, it did it incredibly faster. Thanks Qyot27 and Phantasmagoriat, I actually used your method to remove the credits and titles before and after past amvs, which previously I thought impossible. This community freakin' rocks.

Return to “AviSynth Help”