Help! Can't import files!

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Palm Tree of Doom
Org Profile

Help! Can't import files!

Post by Palm Tree of Doom » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:33 am

I got these clips downloaded a couple days ago, and they're .AVI files, but when I tried to import them to Movie Maker it told me that I don't have the right codec. So I told WMM to download the codecs automaticly, but it still said it couldn't get the right codec. I never had any problems with .AVI files before. What can I do to fix this? Can I download and install the codec myself? If so, where can I get it and is it safe to download in the first place? (I mean, will it do anything to Movie Maker?)

reddragon_syndicate
Org Profile

Post by reddragon_syndicate » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:36 am

First off.. its not the best idea to download the clips.. with that said.. onwards

Its not the avi its the codec used to code it.. did MM tell you what codec you needed?
[MOD17: Removed 341 instances of the word "please" and 55 exclamation marks.]

Palm Tree of Doom
Org Profile

Post by Palm Tree of Doom » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:41 pm

Yeah, I know it isn't the best idea to download clips. But I don't have a DVD ripper, the one I got a couple weeks ago doesn't work, and my parents can't let me get one off of the internet. So I don't exactly have many other choices, or at least, none that I can think of. (None of my friends can send me episodes/movies, either.)

Anyways, no, it didn't. It just said I don't have the right codec. So what can I do since I don't know which one I need?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:47 pm

virtualdub mod and DVD decryptor are FREE and come in the amvapp O.o

Return to “AviSynth Help”