Problem with IVTC in VirtualDubMod

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Problem with IVTC in VirtualDubMod

Post by SrgtWilco » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:11 pm

Okay, I'm following the Zarxax Video Guides, and I'm trying to use this script for deinterlacing:
mpeg2source("F:\Film - Anime\Last Exile\Project Files\Last Exile_1.d2v")
TFM(pp=0)
TDecimate(mode=1)
When I hit "Save and Open as AVI," though, it gives me the "VirtualDub has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. Is there something I need to load into the program, and if so, how do I do it? Also, one other question: Should I deinterlace my footage before I edit it, or can I save that for when I've exported the movie? I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements, and I've heard about a crappy deinterlacing job it does automatically, so I'm not sure what to do about that.
Murphy's Constant: If outcome may = A or B, where A=Good and B=FUBAR, anticipate B as most probable result.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:35 pm

deinterlace before you edit
if you're doing your script in vdub, try notepad instead
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Post by SrgtWilco » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:55 pm

Minion wrote:deinterlace before you edit
if you're doing your script in vdub, try notepad instead
Okay, I tried just writing the IVTC commands in notepad (saving it as a .avs file, yes) and then loading that into VirtualDubMod - exact same script as last time, except I used my Last Exile_2 file instead of Last Exile_1. It still isn't opening, but it's more descriptive:
Avisynth open error: there is no function named "TFM"
I think this means there's a plugin that I don't have, though I may be wrong...if that is the case, though, I'd like to know what it is and how I install it. Thanks!
Murphy's Constant: If outcome may = A or B, where A=Good and B=FUBAR, anticipate B as most probable result.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:04 pm

right, that means that you need tvitc.dll (I think it's included in the amvapp 3 beta)
avaliable from this page
unzip it (if applicable) and put it into avisynth's plugins folder

Return to “AviSynth Help”