AVS Batch Creator

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
WC Annihilus
Org Profile

AVS Batch Creator

Post by WC Annihilus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:51 am

All right, well I had gone through the process of ripping and indexing my dvds a while ago, but I didn't start making my AVS files for them until just yesterday. As I was going through this I felt that it seemed to be a pain to do a bunch of copying and pasting when doing the basics such as opening the file, deinterlacing, resizing, etc. Relatively easy, but tedious and annoying.

So I decided to go ahead and come up with an easy-to-use solution for this: an AVS Batch Creator

Essentially this lets you specify a range of files, specify the open type, and the filters to be used. It will then automatically create AVS files for the video files using the specified script. These files are save in the same directory and with the same name as the original video file.

Here's a quick screenie of the interface:

The file open window supports multiple file select, so for ease of use it is suggested that you have all of the files in the same folder. It is not necessary though as you may add/remove files as you go. Ex:

Current Suggestions/Possible Additions:
A right-click menu for popular filters (Minion)
Changing the need to choose an open type to auto-detect

Links:
http://www.umbrellavideo.com/share/AVS% ... %201.0.zip (thanks Minion)
http://upload.overclock3d.net/get.php?id=2208

Any feedback/suggestions would be much appreciated :D

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:44 pm

If/when I finish my berserk video I'll give this a shot, it looks interesting, and could prove to be useful.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: AVS Batch Creator

Post by Scintilla » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:16 pm

WC Annihilus wrote:Essentially this lets you specify a range of files, specify the open type, and the filters to be used. It will then automatically create AVS files for the video files using the specified script. These files are save in the same directory and with the same name as the original video file.
Is there any way to get it to give TFM the filename of the script's respective D2V for the "d2v" parameter? I mean, to take the filename as a variable so that each script's TFM call is referring to the D2V that's appropriate for that script.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Look here. Tajjej created it some time ago. Useful little thing.

WC Annihilus
Org Profile

Post by WC Annihilus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:43 pm

Scintilla wrote:
WC Annihilus wrote:Essentially this lets you specify a range of files, specify the open type, and the filters to be used. It will then automatically create AVS files for the video files using the specified script. These files are save in the same directory and with the same name as the original video file.
Is there any way to get it to give TFM the filename of the script's respective D2V for the "d2v" parameter? I mean, to take the filename as a variable so that each script's TFM call is referring to the D2V that's appropriate for that script.
I'm sorry, but my AVS (and general video editing) experience is actually rather limited so I don't quite understand what you're asking (either that, or my comprehension level is low). Care to clarify?
Kalium wrote:Look here. Tajjej created it some time ago. Useful little thing.
<sighs> I knew something like this had to have been created by now. Well... I don't suppose people would be willing to compare the two and give their thoughts? I'll probably continue to mess with it because personally I prefer my interface (nothing on Tajjej, just seems a bit simpler to me)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:50 pm

WC Annihilus wrote:
Scintilla wrote:
I'm sorry, but my AVS (and general video editing) experience is actually rather limited so I don't quite understand what you're asking (either that, or my comprehension level is low). Care to clarify?
Okay: TFM, that is to say Tritical's Field Matcher, is what I use these days for field matching: as far as I can tell, it's better than Telecide from Donald Graft's Decomb package, and if my D2V files contain illegal field order transitions, it'll fix them for me.

One of the optional parameters to TFM is the <b>d2v</b> parameter (string), where you can specify the D2V file you're serving, if you are in fact using a D2V file. Naturally, this argument would have to be different for each AVS script; you can't just use the same setting for every file like with many other functions.

So what I want to know is, is there a way to do that automatically with your tool?
ImageImage

WC Annihilus
Org Profile

Post by WC Annihilus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:01 pm

Ah, I see. Currently, no as all it does right now is copy the filters you input verbatim. However, I could certainly add a control for that

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:12 pm

hmm, i seem to have an error with this. Lets say i have Clip 1 and Clip 2 on my desktop. If i add those two files and create an make AviSynth files, i get two files wit the same names as my clips. But they are both referring to one video. Like Avisynth Clip 1 points to clip 1. BUT Avisynth Clip 2 also points to Clip 1. So.... :?

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:24 pm

you're using avisynth to make multiple clips from one source file?
why not just use the trimmer when you edit it :?
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:38 pm

No, he's making one AVISynth script for each of his source files. Or at least, he's trying to, but it's not working correctly.
ImageImage

Return to “AviSynth Help”